Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Possibly flying from one “hot spot” to another.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possibly flying from one “hot spot” to another.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2020, 1:14 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by wrp96
If they want a big celebration, then have one after this is all over, maybe a first anniversary party.
Or just hold a second wedding. Nothing says they can't have a formal wedding later with all the pomp and circumstance.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 1:47 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Many other people have canceled weddings. I currently have no less than 14 friends who have all had to cancel their trips to weddings because the event itself could not/will not take place. It's what we need to do right now.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by aww3583
We have an important event to attend in a few weeks. We booked our flights months in advance.

The flights are from one C19 “hotspot” city to another C19 “hotspot” city. We don’t live in the departing city, nor are we staying anywhere near the destination city.

My wife is concerned about transiting these areas. I just want to fly to avoid 18 hours of driving each way with small kids.

We have the following options:

1. Try and rebook with different origin/destinations but likely at a major cost to us.
2. Drive.
3. Travel as planned.
4. Not travel at all.
With Family #4.

Have them beg, borrow, steal, purchase a few tablets and face time it or even zoom it.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 3:05 pm

Definitely do not go! If they still want to get married let them Zoom a private ceremony! This morning I attended a Brit Milah—Jewish circumcision. ( please if you disapprove, keep it to yourself ) Physically present (a block from my home) was my friend and her husband ( the grandparents) It took place in her daughter’s home with daughter, husband,baby’s older sister, person who performed circumcising and baby present! That was it!

Another 82 devices, probably representing close to 300 people were present on zoom. This included a second set of grandparents in the UK, an uncle in Israel, and a great grandmother In Florida. It wasn’t the same, but it was beautiful non the less.We were all there in spirit and virtually there in body. We all got to wish our congratulations. It was a lot better than anyone thought it would be AND we all stayed safe.
yosithezet, wrp96 and rustykettel like this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 12:04 am

do Not travel!
Old Mar 31, 2020, 10:26 pm

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
It is a pain but number 4 for sure. I was due to fly from Canada to the UK via the US for a close family wedding. We had to pull the plug 2 weeks ago when it was apparent we wouldn't be able to fly even if we wanted to. The wedding itself was postponed a week later due to limits on gathering size. Rescheduled for August but my gut feeling is that it's 50/50 whether we'll be able to travel for that either. Canadian authorities subtly suggesting at least till the end of June through numerous sources at present.
If my wife's elderly mother in the UK passes we would be unable to travel for the funeral either. Heartbreaking but that is the reality at present.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 4:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Given how this is progressing, I would now also say that you should stay at home. It's not worth the risk, it's probably not going to be a hugely fun occasion, and it seems that postponing the celebration until later in the year is in everyone's interests.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Thank you to everyone for their input. We opted not to make the trip at all.

The ceremony will be just the two of them, the pastor, and two witnesses. We'll have a big reception/"we-beat-C-19" party later this summer once everything settles down.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 4:58 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
We just attended a zoom wedding 10 days ago. It was wonderful, one of my favorites. One advantage is that the camera may be placed where you can see the faces of the bride and groom, you feel part of their intimate moment. The reception will be after it becomes safe.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 1:15 am

DO make sure you send appropriate wedding gifts! May I suggest toilet paper and masks?
ajGoes likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.