Wiki Posts
Search

Miles on Copa

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2009, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH, A3, DL, UA, LAN
Miles on Copa

I need activity on my account or my miles will expire end of April.
So I'm thinking of flying AeroRepublica (Copa) domestic in Colombia, any experience if miles post automatically and how long it takes?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Bump.

Any idea, besides travel and purchasing miles, how to extend life of miles?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 12:05 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
CM Credit Card
Old Jul 8, 2017, 2:43 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
I've been trying to figure out the same thing. I had some miles from the initial signup bonus, and was trying to extend their expiration. I found this Blog Post: Rapid Travel Chai - You Have 5,000 Copa Miles Expiring Soon, What to Do?

I credited a recent Avis rental to Copa, but it hasn't posted yet.

I tried donating 500 miles, it posted to my account immediately, but it did not reset the expiration.

It is also unclear from the T&C whether a transfer in from another account would count.

Expiration of Mileage
Mileage accrued in a Member’s account shall be maintained in the account until it is redeemed for an award or until it expires, whichever occurs first. Accrued mileage will expire on the last day of the twenty-fourth (24th) month after the last Qualifying Account Activity in the Member’s account.

Any Member who fails at any time to engage in any Qualifying Account Activity for a period of twenty-four (24) consecutive months shall forfeit all accrued mileage and benefits as of the last day of the twenty-fourth (24th) month. Miles extended through the Extend Miles Program shall be extended for an additional period of twelve (12) months, upon payment of the then-applicable fee for such extension, for a total of thirty-six (36) consecutive months, after which time the Member shall forfeit all accrued mileage and benefits as of the last day of the twenty-fourth (24th) month.

“Qualifying Account Activity” includes, without limitation, (i) earning mileage credit for flights on the Airlines, (ii) earning or redeeming miles with a ConnectMiles Program business partner, (iii) redeeming miles for award travel, (iv) buying mileage, but only as permitted under these Terms and Conditions and in such increments established by the Administrator to constitute Qualifying Account Activity or (v) any qualifying transaction in such Member’s account that the Administrator or the Airlines set forth in these Terms or Conditions. In cases where mileage is for any reason removed from a Member’s account, such as for the redemption of awards, and later returned, the return of the mileage to the Member’s account shall not count as Qualifying Account Activity.

The Administrator and/or the Airlines, in its or their sole discretion, may establish special conditions to, and time limits during which the Member may, reactivate expired mileage, which may be reactivated only during the six-month period following the expiration of the Member’s miles, following payment of the applicable fee for such reactivation.
Would be curious about people's experiences. As this is a young program, the topic doesn't seem to be discussed much.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Since it's a frequent flyer program there is always the idea you could fly on Copa somewhere.
Milkman likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
I've been trying to figure out the same thing. I had some miles from the initial signup bonus, and was trying to extend their expiration. I found this Blog Post: Rapid Travel Chai - You Have 5,000 Copa Miles Expiring Soon, What to Do?

I tried donating 500 miles, it posted to my account immediately, but it did not reset the expiration.

It is also unclear from the T&C whether a transfer in from another account would count.

Would be curious about people's experiences. As this is a young program, the topic doesn't seem to be discussed much.
My husband and I are in the same boat. We have the 5000 sign up, tried the 500 mile donation and the expiration didn't reset. We live in Australia and don't plan a trip that would require Copa miles until maybe 2019. I would rather keep them for another 2 years if possible.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,

Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:02 am

Did the miles ever post from your Avis car rental. I just did one and hope it posts before my miles expire too.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:03 am

did miles ever post from Avis?

Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
Since it's a frequent flyer program there is always the idea you could fly on Copa somewhere.
This. Or just ANY Star Alliance flight that earns miles/segments on CM.

But if, after 2 years, all you have is the sign up bonus then may be you should just close the account and accept that this is not a FFP that you will ever need in your portfolio. After all it's not like you made any kind of monetary investment in those miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.