Wiki Posts
Search

Copa Airlines from LAX

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2009, 6:12 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Copa Airlines from LAX

Will be flying Y from LAX to PTY. What can I expect from Copa, weirdly when I bought the ticket the flight time says 2 hours but everyone else says 6 hours flight time. Any service to speak of or it this basically just CO all over again. Also I have silver status with CO what are the chances of getting an upgrade to Business class?

Thanks for the info
Old Mar 5, 2009, 8:42 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
I don't know why when you book through copaair.com their website shows the incorrect flight duration, it's almost as if it just makes the flight duration based on the time of departure and arrival, not knowing the time changes, etc... in any case the flight should be around 6 hours or so.

As far as what to expect...

*Once inside the plane you wont be able to tell the difference between a CO 737 and COPA one, they both share the same interiors, same seats, same everything. Jeez, the COPA flight attendants even wear the same uniforms as CO.
*Their service parameters are basically identical, I think LAX is catered by chelsea so the meal will be almost identical as what CO serves on longer flights, on the outbound for breakfast it will be probably a choice of an omlette or pancakes or something to that extent. Not cereal or a sausage biscuit like CO. If you want to drink booze is free in Y.
*As far as the upgrade they are supposed to adhere to the same parameters as CO - for silver 24 hours prior, and so on. But in my past experiences I've only gotten my upgrade ahead of time once, the other couple times it happened the day of travel.
*I find Copa to be very efficient, and usually the crews are nice. I once did MIA-PTY-TGU all in Y-class and I was impressed with all the service, and food. They served Breakfast from MIA-PTY, then PTY to SJO a hot sandwich (30 min flight) then SJO-TGU a cold sandwich (40 min flight). It was crazy to see those flight attendants running down the aisle trying to get all the service done before landing...
*Entertainment will just be overhead monitors, like any 737 on CO.
*So basically expect the same as CO, if not better...

Hope this helps!

Last edited by flyldavid; Mar 6, 2009 at 6:02 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.