Anyone taken COPA?

Old Dec 20, 2007, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
No idea. I don't associate with riff-raff.

It doesn't even seem to be a published benefit, but you could try it and see what happens.
Riff-Raff?! Hah hah! We are proud Silver Medallions, thank you very much! (sarcasm)

Maybe like an op-up?! Just not looking forward to a middle seat MIA-PTY and then PTY-LIM. Why did I get a middle seat? Because I am flying with my wife, gave her the window she loves so much, and COPA only has 3-3 planes. Ugh.

Any potential for hot meals or free drinks because it's an international flight?
Old Dec 20, 2007, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Any potential for hot meals or free drinks because it's an international flight?
I've always gotten drinks and meals on Copa. Rather decent service, actually. Make sure that CM has your DL number in the reservation. When I went to do online check-in, is when I noticed the upgraded seats.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
I've always gotten drinks and meals on Copa. Rather decent service, actually. Make sure that CM has your DL number in the reservation. When I went to do online check-in, is when I noticed the upgraded seats.
Interesting. I bought the tickets via "Cheaptickets.com". They are in fare class S on the way down and U on the way back.

I have already called COPA and had them add our DL numbers to the tickets as well as assign us "priority" seats. I printed the e-mail confirmations that the phone agents sent me just in case.

Since I booked via Cheaptickets.com, I suppose I will just have to check-in at the airport, right? Do they have KIOSKS at MIA?

Thanks!
Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:25 am

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL DM; EK SLV; HHonors DIAM; Marriott GLD
There have been other Copa threads recently. Since CM is 49% owned by Continental and uses the Onepass program, the similarities are major.
As a result of COPA's IPO and follow-on stock offering, Continental is now down to 10% ownership stake (I researched the airline after a recent flight... thought about buying some stock.).
Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HKG_Flyer1
As a result of COPA's IPO and follow-on stock offering, Continental is now down to 10% ownership stake (I researched the airline after a recent flight... thought about buying some stock.).
That good of a flight, huh? Good to know, thanks.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Since I booked via Cheaptickets.com, I suppose I will just have to check-in at the airport, right? Do they have KIOSKS at MIA?

Thanks!
I checked in online with no problem. Just make sure you have the Copa record locater.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HKG_Flyer1
Interesting. Did CO get a bunch of money out of the deal? Only reason I could think they'd let so much of their rights hit the road.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 11:41 am
Original Poster

I checked in online with no problem. Just make sure you have the Copa record locater.
Really? Because when I try to view the reservation via COPA's website, it always says "this reservation cannot be viewed or changed online". I just assume it is because I bought it via cheaptickets.com.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

No idea. I don't associate with riff-raff.

It doesn't even seem to be a published benefit, but you could try it and see what happens.
Just finished the MIA-PTY-LIM and LIM-PTY-MIA.

First of all, COPA is great. Ontime, excellent service, just a well run airline.

Secondly, for DL Medallions, we received the priority seats (rows 5 and 6) and also priority check-in line and boarding. No upgrades for DL Medallions at any level was the word from several COPA employees.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 2:22 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Any recent EUA experiences for NWA Elites flying COPA?
I have a choice of DL or CM to EZE, CM is slightly more expensive--but with EUAs I'd likely go for it. Also like connecting in PTY, and the daytime flights, too.
DL's EZE flights, barring a last-minute A/C substitution, are on the old ex-GF 763s, meaning no AVOD. Yuck. With AVOD, for example, on the DL flights to GRU (on the 764s), it makes DL just bearable--ATL connections notwithstanding!
Thanks!
Old Apr 19, 2008, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nothing more recent from me. I've taken the DL flight and can't say that I liked it too much.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CM Silver, IHG Silver
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Any recent EUA experiences for NWA Elites flying COPA?
I have a choice of DL or CM to EZE, CM is slightly more expensive--but with EUAs I'd likely go for it. Also like connecting in PTY, and the daytime flights, too.
DL's EZE flights, barring a last-minute A/C substitution, are on the old ex-GF 763s, meaning no AVOD. Yuck. With AVOD, for example, on the DL flights to GRU (on the 764s), it makes DL just bearable--ATL connections notwithstanding!
Thanks!
While CM is a good airline, if you don't get the EUA, you would be in coach on a 737 for a rather long trip (737-wise).
Old Apr 28, 2008, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
I have flown COPA, last summer, to UIO, and it was fine. I'm looking at a flight to EZE on COPA, but it's in Booking Code N, and I don't see that on the NWA mileage accrual list.... yet last summer, that's the booking class I flew, and we got EQMs and RDMs.
Anyone know if this has changed?
Thanks in advance!

Elite Qualifying Fare Classes
Elite Qualifying Miles at 150%: J, C, Z, Y, A, D, H
Elite Qualifying Miles at 100%: B, Q, V, L, T, K, F, S, Z
Elite Qualifying Segments: J, C, Z, Y, A, D, H, B, Q, V, L, T, K, F, S, Z
Old May 1, 2008, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CM Silver, IHG Silver
Originally Posted by kyushuman
I have flown COPA, last summer, to UIO, and it was fine. I'm looking at a flight to EZE on COPA, but it's in Booking Code N, and I don't see that on the NWA mileage accrual list.... yet last summer, that's the booking class I flew, and we got EQMs and RDMs.
Anyone know if this has changed?
Thanks in advance!

Elite Qualifying Fare Classes
Elite Qualifying Miles at 150%: J, C, Z, Y, A, D, H
Elite Qualifying Miles at 100%: B, Q, V, L, T, K, F, S, Z
Elite Qualifying Segments: J, C, Z, Y, A, D, H, B, Q, V, L, T, K, F, S, Z
Hmm, one would think it would earn both EQM and RDM because it is a full fare code and with Onepass it earns 150% EQM.
Old May 1, 2008, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by AdamSouthFL
Hmm, one would think it would earn both EQM and RDM because it is a full fare code and with Onepass it earns 150% EQM.
Yes, I think so too, but nobody has replied, and NWA says they don't know! Mysterious....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.