Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

Seat selection on AV flight bought with ConnectMiles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2023, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Copa ConnectMiles

Good evening folks.
Just bough a one way PTY-BOG-EZE all business class for 36k miles. The first leg is operated by CM so no problems there. However, I was wondering if there is any way to select a seat for the second leg, which is operated by Avianca. So far I've only received a confirmation code from Copa. First time buying an AV ticket through CM, so not much experience in the area. Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 26, 2023, 8:38 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SoliWare
Good evening folks.
Just bough a one way PTY-BOG-EZE all business class for 36k miles. The first leg is operated by CM so no problems there. However, I was wondering if there is any way to select a seat for the second leg, which is operated by Avianca. So far I've only received a confirmation code from Copa. First time buying an AV ticket through CM, so not much experience in the area. Thanks in advance!
Is there an AV confirmation number as well? Or have you tried entering confirmation number into AV site to try to select seats?
Old Sep 26, 2023, 11:15 am

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Good evening folks.
Hello and Welcome to FT!

You need to call CM and request the AV PNR, so you can select the seats thru AV.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 11:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Venezuela-Miami
Hello and Welcome to FT!

You need to call CM and request the AV PNR, so you can select the seats thru AV.
My experience is that with any ticket that is not booked through AV directly (doesn't matter if it is revenue or award), their system is not capable to assign seats in advance, I had such situations twice (one booked through LH as revenue business class ticket and one booked through UA as award business class ticket - both AV segments in economy), I tried the website and also called the AV call center multiple times, but they could not assign a seat in advance. I had to wait for check in both times to get an assigned seat.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Copa ConnectMiles
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Is there an AV confirmation number as well? Or have you tried entering confirmation number into AV site to try to select seats?
First time replying so I hope I'm doing this right. Nope, no AV confirmation code and the CM one didn't work when I tried it on AV's website.

Originally Posted by Venezuela-Miami
Hello and Welcome to FT!

Just did that and they gave me the AV pnr, but AV's website says it was processed by another airline so they can't access it.
Originally Posted by yvr1971
My experience is that with any ticket that is not booked through AV directly (doesn't matter if it is revenue or award), their system is not capable to assign seats in advance, I had such situations twice (one booked through LH as revenue business class ticket and one booked through UA as award business class ticket - both AV segments in economy), I tried the website and also called the AV call center multiple times, but they could not assign a seat in advance. I had to wait for check in both times to get an assigned seat.
Yeah this seems to be the way. I had hopes that calling them with the code would work, but you just saved me the call. When you say at check-in do you mean literally at the airport? I'm flying with a group so would like to sit together, or at least close to them.

Last edited by SoliWare; Sep 26, 2023 at 1:42 pm Reason: Pressed enter before I finished.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium
First time replying so I hope I'm doing this right. Nope, no AV confirmation code and the CM one didn't work when I tried it on AV's website.

Just did that and they gave me the AV pnr, but AV's website says it was processed by another airline so they can't access it.

Yeah this seems to be the way. I had hopes that calling them with the code would work, but you just saved me the call. When you say at check-in do you mean literally at the airport? I'm flying with a group so would like to sit together, or at least close to them.
I am sorry to say in both my experiences with UA (Award) and LH (Revenue) tickets, I was not able to check in online with AV. Their system is basically useless when tickets are issued with other airlines. Both times I had to check in at the airport to get a seat assignment
Old Sep 26, 2023, 3:52 pm

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Originally Posted by yvr1971
Thanks for that data point, never tried but many times did it the other way around (tickets from other airlines issued with Lifemiles, call AV to request the operating Airline PNR and then handle the seat assignment directly). So I assumed it would work.

It amazes me that they can't even handle it at the call center.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.