Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

When do Copa Award Seats open on UA ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2022, 10:24 am
Original Poster

trying to book 4 tix in economy from SFO-PTY for depature on 4/1/23 and return on 4/8/23. Prefer to fly COPA since I want nonstop flights instead of connecting through IAH
When searching OW flights for 1 pax from SFO-PTY, the only nonstop flights (COPA) I see are available through 2/28/23. Nothing for all of March and certainly nothing into April
Today (5/5/22) is 331 days before 4/1/23 so I thought the schedule would be open. Same on Copa's own website. You can only book through 2/28/23.

So questions are:
1. When does Copa release their inventory (for award or revenue bookng?)
2. Do they release it daily or a month at a time? (If monthly when do they release them)?
3. Is UA the only program where I can use my miles to book Copa flights? (I'm not aware of any other program (besides COPA itself) that you can use to book COPA flights)
4. Someowhat related--can I use United Travelbank to book a COPA flight?
Old May 5, 2022, 10:45 am

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Originally Posted by kayexalate
trying to book 4 tix in economy from SFO-PTY for depature on 4/1/23 and return on 4/8/23. Prefer to fly COPA since I want nonstop flights instead of connecting through IAH
When searching OW flights for 1 pax from SFO-PTY, the only nonstop flights (COPA) I see are available through 2/28/23. Nothing for all of March and certainly nothing into April
Today (5/5/22) is 331 days before 4/1/23 so I thought the schedule would be open. Same on Copa's own website. You can only book through 2/28/23.

So questions are:
1. When does Copa release their inventory (for award or revenue bookng?)
2. Do they release it daily or a month at a time? (If monthly when do they release them)?
3. Is UA the only program where I can use my miles to book Copa flights? (I'm not aware of any other program (besides COPA itself) that you can use to book COPA flights)
4. Someowhat related--can I use United Travelbank to book a COPA flight?
I have just a couple of answers
Yes, I do remember that Copa usually doesn't display schedules the usual 330 days.

3) Lifemiles used to be great to book CM flights, in the past I used mostly UA miles to redeem on CM but went to Lifemiles when the flights to/from Venezuela no longer could be processed from any US company. Nowadays there seems to be less inventory to book via Lifemiles (vs Connect Miles directly) but it's still useful and sometimes the fees are even lower.

4) Probably you can, but I never issued a CM flight on UA website because the rates always seem to be considerably higher. Long time I haven't checked that so be sure to verify if it still is the case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.