Wiki Posts
Search

PTY Stopover

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2019, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL, UA, EK
PTY Stopover

I am trying to book Copa flight on my return leg but want to create a 2 day Copa Stopover on my way to EWR

Is a stopover something that the airline reservations creates or do I create within my booking?

Example
BOG - PTY - EWR (copa airlines reservations allows me to stay two days in PTY before proceeding to EWR

or

BOG - PTY (ticket one)
PTY - EWR (ticket two / two days later)

Thanks for any assistance

Last edited by SkyPimp; Nov 7, 2019 at 7:21 am Reason: forgot question mark (?)
Old Nov 7, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Multi city booking with three segments on one ticket

BOG-EWR (via PTY)
EWR-PTY
PTY-BOG
Old Nov 7, 2019, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL, UA, EK
Thanks for the reply ajeleonard
I just want to be sure/clear. I am leaving BOG not to return. I am returning home and just wanted to spend some time in PTY on the way prior to EWR segment. So your
BOG-EWR (via PTY)
would apply but how do I stay in PTY for 2 days before proceeding to EWR?
Old Nov 7, 2019, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA
In general, all you need to do is book a multi-city itinerary with the two segments BOG-PTY then PTY-EWR on copaair.com. However, note that CM does not fly PTY-EWR, that's United. Frankly, I wouldn't trust CM's advertised "free stopover" as anything real at all. As in, instead of the "same price" they mention, it might actually be cheaper to book the two segments via other means. I'd start with google flights and consider purchasing individual tickets from each airline's website.

Last edited by YadiMolina; Nov 7, 2019 at 4:49 pm
Old Nov 7, 2019, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by SkyPimp
Thanks for the reply ajeleonard
I just want to be sure/clear. I am leaving BOG not to return. I am returning home and just wanted to spend some time in PTY on the way prior to EWR segment. So your would apply but how do I stay in PTY for 2 days before proceeding to EWR?
Call a travel agent, pay their small fee and explore a single ticket with a stopover vs. a pair of individual tickets. One will be cheaper, and select that option.

I routinely have flown CM to MGA on a flight that leaves PTY and stops in SJO first, stayed in SJO for a week before resuming the flight to MGA. There was no or no material price difference. So YYZ-PTY (connect) SJO (stop for a week) MGA (stop for another week). Then return MGA-PTY-YYZ without stopping anywhere. Now that's a round trip but on the way down, they did not make any commotion over stopping in another connection city for 7 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.