Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PTY check in question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2019, 6:06 am
Original Poster

PTY check in question

I just realized I’ll be arriving at PTY in a month and then boarding KLM/AF flight a couple of hours after. I probably won’t be able to check in online for KLM/AF. Are the agents at the copa lounge able to check in passengers for partners? (I saw their sign in the entrance). Or would I have to pass through immigration in order to check in? I’m trying to avoid waiting until the boarding area gets manned for boarding so that they don’t give away my seat. Thank you!
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Is this on one e-ticket? I would think if so when you check in for the Copa flight for your PTY connection (you don't say where you're boarding), they can issue the boarding pass on the KLM flight. If you have luggage it sounds like you expect them to tag it onto the KLM flight.

Why would you not be able to check in for the KLM flight?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for your answer. It’s actually a few family members getting together at PTY and taking the AF/KLM flight. All the incoming flights are on CM and not on the same ticket as KLM/AF, since it was easier to book it that way, and PTY was the best option for the group. Some of the members are traveling from places where internet is not readily available and leaving in mid morning, so KLM/AF counters at those airports if available, will not be open. I’m thinking now maybe there’s an AeroMexico counter available and since they’re SkyTeam they might, big emphasis in might, be able to help. I do remember last time seeing the sign at the copa lounge “now in partnership with KLM/AF, etc”, but didn’t know if it was lounge only partnership or if they could look into reservations. Worst case scenario one of us will have to clear immigration to alert somebody at the check in counter to go over the other side and take care of them. And two of the members are able to transit legally in PTY but unable to exit/clear immigration since they require a visa which they don’t have. Interesting situation to say the least.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Also forgot to add, luggage is not a problem. Everybody is traveling light, with carry ons only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.