Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

Award availability using mileageplus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2019, 11:27 am
Original Poster

What happened to all the Copa Airlines availability when searching in mileagplus? There is nothing. Copa shows their own ability in Connect Miles. Copa blames United IT. Different people at mileageplus and reservations at United say Copa has not released availability for those flights and or they have all been booked. Problem is there is no Copa airlines availability for any flight that I can see. Meg from Manila put me on hold for awhile and came back and said that it was because the Venzuelan government suspended all commercial operations with Panama including air travel. That was last year and do not see how it would affect Copa and United. Very frustrating as no one at United gets it. Their Twitter account suggests contacting customer care, where a response would take a while.
Old May 13, 2019, 6:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
What routes are you searching?
Old May 15, 2019, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by copaflyer
Meg from Manila put me on hold for awhile and came back and said that it was because the Venezuelan government suspended all commercial operations with Panama including air travel.
It would certainly affect flying to Venezuela. You don't say where you want to go from and to but it suggests there are no seats anywhere, ever, which is doubtful.
Old May 17, 2019, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Was searching everything. To verify my hypothesis I searched pty-bog, sjo, mde. Nothing. Eventually a few at United accepted the situation and worked around it. Was told if it happens again to call them and they will help. But without searching a few days and nothing comes up how is one to know it is an IT issue and not an inventory issue. Availability is showing now but still call center supervisors are unaware there was ever an issue and even worse that there could possibly have been an issue. Their go to is to say Copa has not released inventory or it has been all booked up.
Old May 17, 2019, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ricktoronto
It would certainly affect flying to Venezuela. You don't say where you want to go from and to but it suggests there are no seats anywhere, ever, which is doubtful.
It had nothing to do with Venezuela. A problem when work is outsourced to people who do not think for themselves.
Old May 17, 2019, 9:29 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by copaflyer
Eventually a few at United accepted the situation and worked around it. ...Availability is showing now...
Great work! I have been searching award availability flights to/from Asia from/to PTY over the last week or so on UA and found 0 that include Copa (but lots available on ConnectMiles/Copa site). Now lots of options include Copa:

"Includes Travel operated by Copa Airlines"

The most obvious is the inclusion of PTY-SFO route (direct) which prevents the need from doing SFO-IAH-PTY etc

UA did have other problems on inventory/availability this week, but after a blog post/call it was fixed (maybe it fixed this too?)

Post 288 onwards: How to book LH F awards? when available? issues?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.