Aim Higher bonus

Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Aim Higher bonus

I received today an offer from Copa:

Double miles and segments on all Connect Miles qualifying flights with Copa from today until December 15th.

As I am 24 segments and many more miles short of platinum, this may be what saves me. In any case I will never requalify for Presidential Platinum.

It doesnt state that the flights have to be booked through Copaair.com - definitely a plus for those of us who travel for work and are forced to book through an agent or portal.
Domestic flights to DAV do not count.
GrandTower likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA
I wonder who the typical Presidential Plus flyer is for Copa. Basically one needs 15 round trips on Copa's longest flights out of PTY to qualify.

I've had it for the 1st two years of the program, only because of matching from UA then an easy requal offer.
GrandTower likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Milkman
I received today an offer from Copa:

Double miles and segments on all Connect Miles qualifying flights with Copa from today until December 15th.

As I am 24 segments and many more miles short of platinum, this may be what saves me. In any case I will never requalify for Presidential Platinum.

It doesnt state that the flights have to be booked through Copaair.com - definitely a plus for those of us who travel for work and are forced to book through an agent or portal.
Domestic flights to DAV do not count.

I was wondering if one needed to access the promo using the "Book Now" button in the email.

I am hoping that if I book through the Copa Air website which I arrived to separately, that the promo would be applied.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by soriano
I am hoping that if I book through the Copa Air website which I arrived to separately, that the promo would be applied.
I had the same anxiety last year, but it worked seamlessly, just booking regularly through the website.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
I've had my first flight on Copa after this offer came out.

The ticket was booked through an agency, but everything has worked out well:
Double segments and double qualification miles.
GrandTower likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:52 am

Yes, also confirmed that my bonus posted and I had purchased my ticket through Expedia.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Milkman
I received today an offer from Copa...
Anyone receive anything about this promo for this year yet?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA PLT,UA PremExec
Nothing yet. In both 16 and 2017 had been sent already by this date. Hope they send something still this year.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 6:04 pm

Not me. But I don't blame them not sending it to me: 0 miles or segments credited to CM, and don't plan on crediting any in the future. Fine airline, but I can't justify crediting my travel to them over UA.

I happened to interact with a local United country manager recently, I meant to ask him if there was any chance ConnectMiles would fold and return to MileagePlus, but I never got the chance. A pipe dream for me.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 6:52 am

I got my offer for 2019 on October 26: Travel Receive 6 segments Silver Status 8 segments Gold Status 10 segments Platinum Status
Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by YadiMolina
I got my offer for 2019 on October 26: Travel Receive 6 segments Silver Status 8 segments Gold Status 10 segments Platinum Status
can you post the full terms of this year's version, cheers!
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:03 pm

Same as last year it seems.

Terms and conditions
Old Oct 30, 2018, 9:43 am

Does everyone receive this offer?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by soriano
Does everyone receive this offer?
I havent. And I made use of it last year, reaching Platinum.

I will be moving from Panama to Europe during November though, so status on CM will really not be of much use moving forward.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 12:05 pm

I also did not get it, which was the same at the start of October last year. However it appeared under my promos on the 1st Dec last year and I received the reminder email about it the day after

I'll report back if I get the promo this year, but it won't make a difference either way as Ill get status from miles rather than segments

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.