Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

Using ConnectMiles for United Flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles Gold

Hi all,

I have a sizeable stash of ConnectMiles and I'm looking to use them for an award flight. Copa doesn't fly out of ATL where I'm based, so I was thinking I could use the miles for a domestic flight on United, or even an international flight on UA. However I can't seem to locate any flights, ever, on just UA metal. I searched everyday for ATL to HOU, SFO, and IAD, for a three month span, one way, and never received a single flight. I also did several spot searches for a one stop flight ATL to LIM/BOG and the only flights that ever show are two stops via PTY.

My question is this: in order to redeem my miles, must I fly at least one segment on Copa? Or can is it possible to redeem miles without a Copa flight?

(I've tried calling their US Call Center in the past for other issues, and I've never had good luck with them understanding my questions/issues/concerns so I'd like to not have to call in to book a flight if possible.)

Thanks!
Old Jul 27, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
https://connectmiles.copaair.com/en/...-star-alliance

According to them you can use on Star Alliance e.g. United. Availability as you see can be an issue and them flogging miles for sale with 50% bonuses and such dilutes the value further.

I decided when ConnectMiles started to stick with United as they made a dogs bollocks of everything - web site was horrible, I was given the two highest levels and no cards for either, etc. I do fly them a lot in refundable J so the "benefits" of the upper levels all are delivered with that class of travel anyway so no big loss.

If you have a sizeable amount use the anytime award level for any flight available.

If you speak Spanish and have some sort of cheaper long distance plan, call one of their non US offices. Or the one in Canada - the 800 # should work from the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.