Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

Are COPAs and Uniteds FF programs still integrated

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are COPAs and Uniteds FF programs still integrated

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Question Are COPAs and Uniteds FF programs still integrated

There doesn't seem to be the same ease of communication between COPA and UNITED as there used to be - crediting miles, using instruments etc and I was wondering if their respective FF systems are now totally separate.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
They are two different programs but Copa is still Star Alliance and you can credit Copa flights to Mileage Plus or Air Canada etc., vs. Copa's program. You'd then redeem on that airline's program.

Copa has different award levels and upgrade offers and such so you really have to review earning and redemption on your desired StarWorld airline, and compare to Copa and decide which might be a better value in the long run.

I use United. I was offered at launch both the Platinum and Presidential Platinum levels at the same time, never got a card (for either), they never responded to requests and the web site never worked. Needless to say I stuck with the program that had a lot better IT and service.

I only fly refundable Business Class whether Copa, Avianca, AA, so all the benefits of these levels are usually included so I then use the price and schedule to choose and credit either United or AA. I have never actually credited Copa with a flight nor flown on United (or even Continental when that was the predecessor).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.