Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

Are there any good rez agents at Copa?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2017, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I just had a weird phone call to Copa. I have a connection at PTY that I booked months ago on a cheap fare using Citi points, and there have been several schedule changes since then. I first called Citi to see if they'd help me get a more logical connecting flight, and (as been my prior experience with them) they weren't helpful. So I called Copa. The agent said my travel agency has already "approved" my new flight times (I certainly never approved them), and they couldn't help me. It reminded me of my worst telephone calls to LAN (is there something in the Latin American airline psyche that makes agents want to say no?).

All I am trying to do is reduce a 5 hour connection to a 1 1/2 hour connection. It seems like I might have to spend several hours on the phone to do that (and it might not work anyway), so I'm kind of inclined to just wait in their lounge at PTY instead. I hope the booze and food are decent -- it's been several years since I've been there. I think it was still a "President's Club" then.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
The Copa Club at PTY is probably one of the worst hub lounges in the world, sorry to say. I think even Egyptair in CAI and Ethiopian Airlines in ADD has better food/drink.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: Copa Presidential Platinum, United Silver, Alaska MVP Gold 75K
Best way to change

"All I am trying to do is reduce a 5 hour connection to a 1 1/2 hour connection. It seems like I might have to spend several hours on the phone to do that (and it might not work anyway), so I'm kind of inclined to just wait in their lounge at PTY instead."

In my experience with Copa, the best chance for a change is at one of the Copa counters in PTY. These agents seem to have much more authority than any others.

If it were me I would take all of your documentation and ask politely when you arrive in PTY.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
City Ticket Offices are also quite good vs. the club which unlike a lot of clubs does not seem to be really aimed at adjusting things. Call the one where you are.

Better yet go there.
Old May 5, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: Former UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Old thread. I wanted to confirm the advice about city ticket offices. The Lima office was great when I had to change my flights.
Old May 5, 2018, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Explore SE Asia
Old thread. I wanted to confirm the advice about city ticket offices. The Lima office was great when I had to change my flights.
FWIW, I have found the staff at the much-maligned Copa lounge at PTY quite willing to help with bad schedule changes and such. The problem is that when I get there, the "better" flight I want is inevitably sold out and there's nothing they can do! Otherwise, that Lounge is truly terrible (massively overcrowded with bad food and drink). Of course, there's no alternative.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.