Request an upgrade

Old Mar 24, 17, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Request an upgrade

Flying COPA for the first time in a long time next week and just got an email with a link to:
https://www.copaair.com/en/web/gs/request-an-upgrade

I searched but didn't find a thread here. I have a return flight that lands at 1 AM PTY to IAD, and I was considering paying for an upgrade already. Anyone have experience using this?

The minimum offer is $175 and shows good as an "offer strength". The maximum is $325, which I assume will get it unless they sell out?

Also if anyone can comment on how the business class product is or link me to a review it would be appreciated as I'll be poking around on what the worth is.
Old Mar 26, 17, 4:09 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Jerruh!

Couple things. I never shill my own stuff, hell I haven't written anything on the site in a while, but here's a link (we're allowed to do this right?) to a review I wrote about CM business class. My Review

Now, if you have expert flyer or anything, you can check and see how many business class seats are sold. I've always bid the lowest amount possible on these, usually successfully.

Bid whatever you're comfortable with. I will say though, CM often has plenty of empty seats in my experience, in J or Y. So if you don't wanna spend any more money, there's a good chance you can probably get yourself a row solo towards the back.

I can't say for sure how Copa processes these, but you'll often see J cabin is full on CM, so it leads me to believe anyone that makes even the minimum offer will be accepted as long as there's seats available.

Search this Thread