Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

US-based credit card for connectmiles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2016, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Does anyone have any information or insight into whether copa is work may work on getting a us-based credit card relationship?

I assume a number of people are in the same fix I am - mileageplus card (earning miles with united despite loss of status and thus increased fees for using the miles), but mainly flying with copa on their new ff plan.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 5:53 pm

I wish they would. Until then I am earning miles and get silver status from Bac.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
This and PreCheck are the two things Copa really needs to be a real player in North America. They say they are working on both, but we know they don't typically move very quickly. The only reasons they launched ConnectMiles, IMHO, is to escape the MileagePlus rules that are not competitive withing their southern home base market.

I live in Medellin, Colombia, and I fly Copa as often as possible. It really hurts to have to use other cards for my purchases instead of getting a ConnectMiles bonus for using their card. I also have employees in this region who fly, and I would use it for their ticket purchases, too. They don't qualify for credit cards, and I haven't had residency here long enough to qualify. U.S. credit bureaus do nothing for Americans living abroad. Banks here want time in country in addition to our positive bank balances. It's just different.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.