Community
Wiki Posts
Search

bid for upgrade on COPA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2021, 7:07 am

Programs: UA
Search around here and the UA forum, CM Z upgrades failing to accrue for UA occurs routinely (maybe always). Keep good records and be prepared to file a missing miles claim with UA.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 9:43 am

Programs: United, Hilton, Alaska
Originally Posted by Milkman
That is also my experience from my many many upgrades on CM - paid and complimentary.
Thanks! Has this also been the case when your paid upgrade switched to a "Z" fare class?
Old Sep 3, 2021, 2:31 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Originally Posted by laxflyer14
Thanks! Has this also been the case when your paid upgrade switched to a "Z" fare class?
I seem to remember that this was indeed the case.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA ExecPlat & 1MM/DL Plat/HH Diamond/Marriott Titanium
Any advice on PTY-IAD on a Friday night? Business class is completely empty but can't upgrade with UA miles or upgrade points. Range is $150-$270 with $200 bueno $225 fuerte and $250 excelente. I think J was only $270 more to buy since I bought a refundable ticket. Thanks!
Old Aug 16, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: Statusless and proud
I'm assuming there is no such thing as bid to upgrade on award tickets? Flying CUN-PTY-MGA and wouldn't hate having lounge access in PTY.

EDIT - Just found the place to put in offers. Here goes nothing. $50 for CUN-PTY and $30 for PTY-MGA.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 5:38 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Originally Posted by JayhawkCO
I'm assuming there is no such thing as bid to upgrade on award tickets? Flying CUN-PTY-MGA and wouldn't hate having lounge access in PTY.

EDIT - Just found the place to put in offers. Here goes nothing. $50 for CUN-PTY and $30 for PTY-MGA.
Why do you want lounge access in PTY? There's no food, drink selection is very basic and cheap, it's normally loud. All the regular benefits of a lounge are gone with the wind here.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 11:57 am

Programs: Statusless and proud
Originally Posted by Milkman
Why do you want lounge access in PTY? There's no food, drink selection is very basic and cheap, it's normally loud. All the regular benefits of a lounge are gone with the wind here.
Well, I know it's not exactly The Wing, but my friend flying with me has never flown business/first class, so for $30 a person, we'd get a nicer seat and lounge access. Even with a crappy lounge, that's not a bad deal.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 9:53 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, SPG, ClubPremier
Just to share my recent experience. I bid $110 from Montreal to Panama (5h50m) , it was the cheapest option, poor and didn't get it. Then bid $70 also the cheapest option from Panama to Lima (3h34m) and got the upgrade to Business.
davidd418 likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 12:21 pm

Programs: EuroBonus
I could bid 30 dollar (Lowest) for a SJO-GUA flight. I have booking class X (award ticket). Does anyone know what the new bookingclass will be if my bid is confirmed?
Old Apr 3, 2023, 6:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Did you manage to get the upgrade? Which booking class are you booked in nowadays?
Old May 5, 2023, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Are you able to bid for an upgrade on a Copa award ticket booked through Flying Blue?
Old Dec 3, 2023, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by JayhawkCO

I booked an award ticket with United on Copa metal. Am I able to bid to upgrade? Flights are in February 2024 and I clicked on the Request an Upgrade link on the Copa website and when I put in my Copa record locator, it says "We are sorry, your reservation is not eligible to participate of this program."

Jayhawk: You said you had an award ticket. Was it booked with United?
Old Jan 10, 2024, 8:59 am

Some times you get a really good deal after the bid! good luck
Old Mar 27, 2024, 10:29 pm

Going to book that same route

Originally Posted by lastcallfordeparture
Just to share my recent experience. I bid $110 from Montreal to Panama (5h50m) , it was the cheapest option, poor and didn't get it. Then bid $70 also the cheapest option from Panama to Lima (3h34m) and got the upgrade to Business.
I am considering bidding for this itinerary. Hoping I get the winning bid on Panama to Lima flight so I can access to the lounge in Panama and get off the flight sooner to use the bathroom and beat the immigration crowd before collecting luggage. The bid amounts are the same. I am thinking of booking the lowest plus 1$
Old Jun 17, 2024, 4:24 pm

Just another data point for PTY - BOS. I have no status. This flight was a 737-800 which has 16 biz class seats. Soon after I booked my flight (paid cash $330 r/t because the price was right) I got an email asking if I wanted to bid for an upgrade. The range was $60 - $235, and I bid $115. I forgot all about it until I got an email 24 hours before the flight that I didn't get the upgrade. When I got to the airport I saw the screen said 4 business class seats checked in. I was one of the last to board (enjoying the Copa lounge w/my PP) and saw only 4 seats were occupied.

Any reason they would reject my bid if they had 12 biz class seats open and ZERO elites on board to offer a free upgrade? They had tons of premium economy seats open too, and everyone was squished into the back half of the plane because it was only at 50% capacity.

Last edited by Twixboy; Jun 17, 2024 at 4:27 pm Reason: adding on

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.