Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

Copa to leave SHARES and move to SABRE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Copa to leave SHARES and move to SABRE

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:16 am
TPJ
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Talking Copa to leave SHARES and move to SABRE

Link: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300026978.html

Copa Airlines, one of the leading network carriers in Latin America, and a Star Alliance member, has selected Sabre Corporation (NASDAQ: SABR) as the airline's leading technology provider. Copa will leverage the breadth of Sabre's leading technology portfolio, including the SabreSonic Customer Sales & Service (CSS) reservations system, and airline retailing solutions, enabling the carrier to personalize its flight experience for travelers.
Is it an indication that UA might also think about changing its Reservation system?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by TPJ
Link: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300026978.html

Is it an indication that UA might also think about changing its Reservation system?
One can only dream
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Wonder if this means they're leaving *A. I don't think they much care for being in the same alliance as AV.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: UA-1Kmm, AA-EX Plt mm-, Hilton Diamond,
I think the fact that Copa is leaving Mileage Plus and creating their own program gave them freedom to make this move. I doubt Copa could get much attention from UA IT for anything they needed so moving to a commercial provider of services probably made sense.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by TPJ
No.
Originally Posted by Kacee
Wonder if this means they're leaving *A.
Probably not.

In what world does GDS/PSS selection have to do with alliance affiliation??
Old Feb 11, 2015, 10:54 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow the thread as it moves to the regional airline forum where Copa is discussed. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, United forum.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 4:04 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by sbm12
In what world does GDS/PSS selection have to do with alliance affiliation??
No direct correlation, but this is further indication of a complete divorce from UA, which to me raises the question whether the alliance is next.
Old May 19, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: United, COPA
Just FYI COPA end up cancelling with Sabre. They will stay in HP or go to Amadeus. Also the same with United, it will probably be they do the same thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.