Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Got a Question? Your very own CO EWR FA is here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Got a Question? Your very own CO EWR FA is here!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2008, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up Got a Question? Your very own CO EWR FA is here!

Hello everyone at flyer talk, my name is Lorenzo and I am a EWR base CO F/A. I noticed that US Airways has some of there F/A's answering questions about our job and there airline, so I decided to join and do the same for our customers. I look forward to any questions I can answer and anything I can assist our most valued customers with. I love my job and airline and wlecome all you have to ask.

Sincerely,
Lorenzo
Old Oct 4, 2008, 8:10 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Smile Help using Alaska parter miles to Europe

Lorenzo -
Do you have any advice for someone trying to use Alaska Airline partner miles with Continental to fly biz class from Phx to either London or Dublin? Or any advice at all in simply finding someone on the phone that actually will help us with finding 2 seatsfor next Aug/Sep? We have hit a brick wall in terms of any kind of help over the phone, i.e. told there are no award seats available or all flights are booked then or they simply just don't want to help us with the process.
Thank you for any advice you can offer!
SanMarie

p.s. I realize you don't work for Alaska, but thought perhaps you know a better way to work the system and find someone who can actually help, or advice as to when there are more award seats available in biz class.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by COEWRFA
Hello everyone at flyer talk, my name is Lorenzo and I am a EWR base CO F/A. I noticed that US Airways has some of there F/A's answering questions about our job and there airline, so I decided to join and do the same for our customers. I look forward to any questions I can answer and anything I can assist our most valued customers with. I love my job and airline and wlecome all you have to ask.

Sincerely,
Lorenzo
Nothing off the top of my head but I'm sure you'll get a few questions shortly.

Welcome to FT!
^
Old Oct 4, 2008, 8:26 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by SanMarie
Lorenzo -
Do you have any advice for someone trying to use Alaska Airline partner miles with Continental to fly biz class from Phx to either London or Dublin?
I just tried some random dates and found availability on Delta and Northwest. You will have to call the Alaska Airlines Partner Desk at 1-800-307-6912 to book them. I don't know if you had your heart set on Continental, but it is almost a year away, I bet something will open up. Just keep checking. I used www.continental.com, which showed the other airline flights that should work with using Alaska miles.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
Welcome Lorenzo,

We are glad to have you here. I am sure your insight and knowledge will be helpful, and I am sure we will keep you entertained with our questions about shrimp pizza’s and cookies in first class

It is about time we have a thread such as this one. I noticed the UA board has one. We couldn’t let the UA board be progressive and leave us in the dust…

I hope we can make this a sticky.

Shawn

Last edited by jrzyshawn; Oct 4, 2008 at 8:50 pm
Old Oct 4, 2008, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Welcome to FT!
Glad we can finally have a FA Q&A thread. Hopefully the other FAs will chime in.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 8:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Explorist, UA 1MM
Welcome, COEWRFA! Do you know Chavon?
Old Oct 4, 2008, 9:07 pm

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
I think we should stick with the COInsider if we have any questions..hes been good..
Old Oct 4, 2008, 9:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by CAL PHL FLYER
I think we should stick with the COInsider if we have any questions..hes been good..
Yeah, because only one person should be able to provide information to us. Especially when it comes to something that isn't part of his job at CO.

There are a whole bunch of CO employees who post here regularly. We've got pilots, FAs and PC agents that I know of and can name, and probably plenty of others as well. Welcome to the fun, COEWRFA.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by sbm12
There are a whole bunch of CO employees who post here regularly. We've got pilots, FAs and PC agents that I know of and can name, and probably plenty of others as well.
Don't forget sfogate.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome, Lorenzo.

I am just surprised you are so open about using your real name.

Just be careful. People have been burned before.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 9:27 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
Yes, welcome to Flyertalk, COEWRFA!
Old Oct 4, 2008, 9:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by OPFlyer
Don't forget sfogate.
Indeed. My apologies to one our more prolific employee posters and GA extraordinaire. In my defense, I did imply that I'd forget someone.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Originally Posted by UnitedSkies
Welcome, Lorenzo.

I am just surprised you are so open about using your real name.

Just be careful. People have been burned before.
Maybe thats his last name and his first initial is F as in Frank
Old Oct 4, 2008, 9:46 pm

I noticed as well that UA has a "Ask the F/A thread". There are quite a few employee's who post on here regularly. We try to give an insight to our jobs, as well as answer questions you FF's have.

I am still waiting for someone to give me some chocolate in exchange for extra cookies ^ (as talked about in another thread).

So my fellow FTer's, shall we have an official "Ask the F/A, Agent, etc." thread?

I for one would be happy to check in on the thread and try to get answers (I usually log in daily anyways, yes I am addicted LOL).

~Non-TypiCAL F/A

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.