ST code on boarding passes

Old Sep 21, 09, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5-star, Marriott Gold
ST code on boarding passes

What does the "ST" code on the boarding passes mean? When I was silver or gold it always said "Gold/ST1" or "Silver/ST1". I always assumed that this was for SkyTeam Elite versus Elite Plus. So when I made Platinum, I was surprised to see "Platinum/ST1". To make things even weirder, it seems that some of my boarding passes say ST1 and others are now saying "Platinum/ST2". Any ideas, or should I find something more important to worry about?
Old Sep 21, 09, 3:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If you are platinum it should be ST2. My guess is that the Plat/ST1 BPs were for reservations made prior to when you got Platinum status and one of the systems didn't update.

The good news is that none of it matters as of October 24th so you don't have to worry about it too much longer.
Old Sep 22, 09, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5-star, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
If you are platinum it should be ST2. My guess is that the Plat/ST1 BPs were for reservations made prior to when you got Platinum status and one of the systems didn't update.
That would make sense except for the trip that I had two weeks ago. I printed out my boarding passes that said ST2 on them. Then I got to the airport early and made a same day change to an earlier flight. The new boarding passes said ST1.
Old Sep 22, 09, 9:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by octopic View Post
That would make sense except for the trip that I had two weeks ago. I printed out my boarding passes that said ST2 on them. Then I got to the airport early and made a same day change to an earlier flight. The new boarding passes said ST1.
So much for a reasonable theory as to why it was like that.

It doesn't matter all that much and is still going away in 4 weeks.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: