Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double EQM!!!!!! [Sept.9-Dec 15, 2009]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2009, 2:53 pm

Location: KFST (Nrst=KMAF) or wherever the airplane just took me from there.; PWP Botmaster
Programs: Pre Merger - CO Plat/1MM/STAR. Post Merger - UA 1K/2MM.
WOOT!

AUS-IAH-GUM-CNS and return, already booked. MAF-STL and return coming up after that.

Hello million miler this year! ^
Old Sep 10, 2009, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
+1 for rollover. (Pretty please? )

I stand to end the year at around 120K EQM's. Maybe I'd even make an extra mileage run during the promo period if I could start 2010 already having re-qualified for Gold.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA Platinum, DL Silver, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Yes, for those who have already earned PLT, would be very nice to have rollover offered. Would alter decisions like the one I made this weekend to get NW miles on my AF flights instead of CO miles in the hope that I can also re-qualify to ST elite since more CO EQM doesn't do much for me except 1MM, which is a few more years away.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
I hit plat back in June with the previous promo, mrs trm2 made silver. Now, do I suggest she take some MRs to hit gold?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Great news! So now the question is, where am I going to book my MR to take me from fake Silver to fake Gold !
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:05 pm

Excellent! Now i will book flights to get back to my lost platinum (downturn in work travel)

Thanks Continental!!!!!!
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:19 pm

Programs: CO One Pass Hipster, *G, Expedia Elite Plus, :rolleyes: Premier Exec.
Platinum is the new Black
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:20 pm

Went from never being elite to gold so far and 1-2 flights away (not counting ones already booked) from platinum.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:30 pm

Programs: CO Gold, Hilton Gold
For me it's going to make Gold status a lock this year, which is pretty exciting. Would take one heck of a MR to make plat
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
There will be an awful lot of elites this year! This is the one year I'll make Platinum on EQS, no EQM and it is seriously being devalued.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by OPFlyer
There will be an awful lot of elites this year! This is the one year I'll make Platinum on EQS, no EQM and it is seriously being devalued.
I don't necessarily agree. Thousands of people have had their work travel cut, and millions of people are out of work with no spare cash to travel.

Despite these promos, I doubt we'll see additional Elites next year.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by channa
I don't necessarily agree. Thousands of people have had their work travel cut, and millions of people are out of work with no spare cash to travel.

I hope you are right. All of my friends are mainting and even bumping up their status.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:53 pm

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
Originally Posted by OPFlyer
I don't think so either. My guess is the downturn in travel will mean than despite the promo, there will be less Plats next year. You may see more Silvers, but I think the PLAT ranks will still fall.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA nothing (former multi-year CO Platinum), AA 1M Gold, HH Diamond, National Executive
Way Too Many Elites Already

I just returned to platinum status (thanks to three tortuous transcon mileage runs during the first promo) after dropping down at the end of Feb 2009. What did it get me on my first chance at an upgrade as a renewed platinum? Missed by 6 places on IAH-PHL, which I used to always get upgraded on. My platinum companion spouse missed by 9 seats. And this was on a 737-800 series with 16 first class seats.

I feel like a real chump for doing mileage runs during the first promo.... It is highly unlikely I will repeat that mistake if the same circumstances appear next year.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: PWP Postmaster General, :rolleyes: Sapphire, UA GS, and Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by channa

+1

There are probably more FTers who are at a higher level of Elite...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.