Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAH Connection: Terminal C to A

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2009, 7:50 am
Original Poster

IAH Connection: Terminal C to A

I have a friend arriving in Houston IAH from Newark on a Continental flight in Terminal C with 1:42 to catch a United flight out of Terminal A. (Arriving 4:37pm, departing 6:19pm)

Is this enough time to pick up bags, transfer terminals, recheck bags, pass through security, and arrive at the gate on time? Should she cab it between terminals or is the non-secure train quick enough?

Last edited by mfort312; Sep 9, 2009 at 8:02 am
Old Sep 9, 2009, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Originally Posted by mfort312
I have a friend arriving from Newark on a Continental flight in Terminal C with 1:42 to catch a United flight out of Terminal A. (Arriving 4:37pm, departing 6:19pm)

Is this enough time to pick up bags, transfer terminals, recheck bags, pass through security, and arrive at the gate on time? Should she cab it between terminals or is the non-secure train quick enough?
ETA: I thought it said EWR nevermind
Old Sep 9, 2009, 8:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The rechecking of the bags may prove to be annoying depending on what UA's cutoff for that is. CO should be able to interline the bag through to UA so the friend should be able to skip that step. Either way the train is fine for the timing of the transfer.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Hopefully by the start of their agreements on Oct 27th they will have a more workable inside security transfer method to terminal A, if not this is going to be very sloppy. I hear rumors of UA coming to the current NW/DL gates, but that requires NW/DL to move and they may stay just to give CO some burrs under their saddle.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Steph3n
Hopefully by the start of their agreements on Oct 27th they will have a more workable inside security transfer method to terminal A, if not this is going to be very sloppy. I hear rumors of UA coming to the current NW/DL gates, but that requires NW/DL to move and they may stay just to give CO some burrs under their saddle.
There have also been rumors of UA moving to Terminal C, which CO is not really fully utilizing now after all of the service cuts. Even if UA doesn't move, the TerminaLink project will allow secure transfers between A North and A South, as well as the rest of the airport when it opens next year. It's possible that if UA doesn't move they'll just run the buses to A South as well to provide the transfers until the TerminaLink extension is complete.

However, I fully expect UA will be moving.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ssullivan
There have also been rumors of UA moving to Terminal C, which CO is not really fully utilizing now after all of the service cuts. Even if UA doesn't move, the TerminaLink project will allow secure transfers between A North and A South, as well as the rest of the airport when it opens next year. It's possible that if UA doesn't move they'll just run the buses to A South as well to provide the transfers until the TerminaLink extension is complete.

I was told if UA doesn't move, the Term A PClub will be closing.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by ssullivan

i wonder where they are going to stick in the check-in counters? there really isn't that much room in C or E for them (CO seems to use all the space), unless the Terminal C renovation is somehow related to this...
Old Sep 9, 2009, 11:46 am

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja
Originally Posted by Steph3n
I was told if UA doesn't move, the Term A PClub will be closing.

Geez, I hope not. I use terminal A PClub all the time, albeit I much prefer the other PClubs at IAH
Old Sep 9, 2009, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carsonheim
Geez, I hope not. I use terminal A PClub all the time, albeit I much prefer the other PClubs at IAH
it has been really busy of late too, I don't like that it has no restrooms, but otherwise nice, unless you want premium drinks which I don't go for anyway, comfy place to rest and has a good view there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.