Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Best Continental Credit Card / Chase Offers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Continental Credit Card / Chase Offers

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2009, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
I signed up for a Presidential Plus card last month... why do none of these offers apply to their top card?

The card says it is a MasterCard 'World', based on the language of the offer, shouldn't I be eligible?
Old Sep 3, 2009, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by EWR764
I signed up for a Presidential Plus card last month... why do none of these offers apply to their top card?
Don't know...but one could always sign up for a second MC.

Plus there's the mileathon credit...
Old Sep 3, 2009, 3:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Originally Posted by J.Edward
Don't know...but one could always sign up for a second MC.

Plus there's the mileathon credit...
Wasn't there some post recently about Chase not giving miles for second CO cards?
Old Sep 4, 2009, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm
Wasn't there some post recently about Chase not giving miles for second CO cards?
Not sure but FWIW I have never had an issue.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by tvetter01
Whatever you choose, it's not going to take anything like 6 weeks to get the physical card. 10 days, maybe?
Well it won't be 10 days. I applied under both myself and my wife's name, both received, "... cannot provide immediate confirmation...will let you know within 30 days." I wasn't surprised, as I realized while applying that the CO card is from Chase, and we both already have some United MileagePlus Chase Visa cards. 30 days still gives us enough time before our trip, but it would have been nice to know sooner than later.

Jeff
Old Sep 10, 2009, 9:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, CO GE, AA Plat, Hyatt Pla, HH Gold, Hertz PC
I am more interested in opening chase continental debit card.
Could someone verify if I absolutely have to set up direct deposit or is that term substitutable by making 5 purchases within the first 2 months?
There is some underwriting like that in the small prints. I was not just understanding very clear.
Thank you in advance.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:05 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by jwhite4
Well it won't be 10 days. I applied under both myself and my wife's name, both received, "... cannot provide immediate confirmation...will let you know within 30 days." I wasn't surprised, as I realized while applying that the CO card is from Chase, and we both already have some United MileagePlus Chase Visa cards. 30 days still gives us enough time before our trip, but it would have been nice to know sooner than later.

Jeff
Same here...signed up for PPMC, and it gave me the "wait" message. My WC membership expires next week and I was hoping I'd have membership before the NW Dinner event on 9.26...but that's not very likely now.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 2:08 am

No, you don't have to do Direct Deposit. 5 Debits are fine. Just be sure to select "credit" as your debit (if asked), strange as that seems......
Old Sep 14, 2009, 4:44 pm

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja
just signed up for 40K miles with the Chase World mastercard. Cha-ching for miles AND mileathon!
Old Sep 16, 2009, 5:45 am

Question About Free Luggage Allowance with Continental Chase Mastercard

Can anybody clarify whether you have to book your ticket with the Chase Continental Mastercard to get the free luggage allowance? I've heard previously that you don't have to book with the card, only present it to the agent when you are checking in.

(I'm flying on CO in the next few days, but was unable to use the card to book my flight. Previously, I booked using the Chase card, but agents still asked me to present the card when I was checking in.)
Old Sep 16, 2009, 11:59 am

Programs: OP Plat, SPG
I am also going to sign me and wife up for chase mastercard 40k miles offer. Lets see if it allows me and her to get the cards separately...
Old Sep 16, 2009, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by Mr. S
Can anybody clarify whether you have to book your ticket with the Chase Continental Mastercard to get the free luggage allowance? I've heard previously that you don't have to book with the card, only present it to the agent when you are checking in.

(I'm flying on CO in the next few days, but was unable to use the card to book my flight. Previously, I booked using the Chase card, but agents still asked me to present the card when I was checking in.)
I don't believe so, the card just has to be linked to your onepass account.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by TommyC80
I don't believe so, the card just has to be linked to your onepass account.
How do you go about linking it to your account?
Old Sep 16, 2009, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by drdomore
I am also going to sign me and wife up for chase mastercard 40k miles offer. Lets see if it allows me and her to get the cards separately...
Should be no restrictions, as I've done that with United Mileage Plus cards (also issued by Chase) in the past. With my recent applications, I did mine on my own name; my wife I did with me as an additional cardholder, so that there was sufficient annual income.

Jeff
Old Sep 16, 2009, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. S
How do you go about linking it to your account?
It should be automatic - I don't think you can get an airline credit card without entering a FF number as one of the the required fields. If card purchases result in FF miles being credited to your OnePass account, I'd say it's linked.

Jeff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.