Wiki Posts
Search

Chances for Companion Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2009, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Gold/Hiton Silver/ CO Plat/Hertz Gold
Smile Chances for Companion Upgrade

I am on 1676 this friday from IAH - PHL. I got the auto upgrade yesterday -co.com is showing 10 out of 20 seats filled. Usually, getting a companion upgrade on this flight is rare. However, school just started here in Houston this week, and I was wondering if anyone noticed a better percentage of upgrades over the week schools start back (parents wanting to stick around for the first week of school.)

Anyone ever run a correlation on this?

I am 6 for 6 for upgrades this year - only 1 companion upgrade out of 4. . .
Old Aug 25, 2009, 11:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by iharker
If they have it has not been with a sufficient dataset to actually be relevant.

Also, I'm not sure what back to school has to do with things; do you think the kids are buying F seats?
Old Aug 25, 2009, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
It is one of those at the gate things. Just list the person anyways and see what happens.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
If they have it has not been with a sufficient dataset to actually be relevant.

True. . .

Also, I'm not sure what back to school has to do with things; do you think the kids are buying F seats?
No, my thought process would be less ff status parents traveling thus less on the upgrade list...
Old Aug 25, 2009, 2:38 pm

i'm hoping that CO revamps the compainion upgrade program to make it more friendlier soon. i know CO Insider has mentioned that before, but nothing has happened yet.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by quantumslip
i'm hoping that CO revamps the compainion upgrade program to make it more friendlier soon. i know CO Insider has mentioned that before, but nothing has happened yet.
I would want to see how this impacted CO Golds and Silvers before I weighed in. Giving Plat companions priority over Gold members would not make this CO Gold member happy. I am sure the Silvers would yell even more.

Perhaps letting Plats/Golds add a companion at OLCI (-24 hours) would make it easier?
Old Aug 25, 2009, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by aacharya
Giving Plat companions priority over Gold members would not make this CO Gold member happy.
I thought that was already the case.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by njcommodore
I thought that was already the case.
It is:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/7354206-post29.html
Old Aug 25, 2009, 7:42 pm

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
I was able to upgrade a companion on this flight (1676) this past sunday (8/23).
Old Aug 25, 2009, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
A few Sundays ago, I was out in the cold on this one. Granted, at that time I was still Gold, but this route is pretty inconsistent, in my experience.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by sbm12
Perhaps. Do you have a sufficient dataset to prove otherwise?
Old Aug 25, 2009, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I would want to see how this impacted CO Golds and Silvers before I weighed in. Giving Plat companions priority over Gold members would not make this CO Gold member happy. I am sure the Silvers would yell even more.
Don't Plat companion upgrade requests already trump Golds and Silvers not yet upgraded? I added a companion to the upgrade standby list a few weeks ago and he went right to the top of a list of about 20 standing by for the upgrade.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 5:55 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Stripe
Don't Plat companion upgrade requests already trump Golds and Silvers not yet upgraded? I added a companion to the upgrade standby list a few weeks ago and he went right to the top of a list of about 20 standing by for the upgrade.
Yes.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 10:36 am

Favoring golds and plats to avoid unhappy golds...but wouldn't that make the silver members unhappy?

Perhaps letting Plats/Golds add a companion at OLCI (-24 hours) would make it easier?
Old Aug 28, 2009, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iharker
I am on 1676 this friday from IAH - PHL. I got the auto upgrade yesterday -co.com is showing 10 out of 20 seats filled. Usually, getting a companion upgrade on this flight is rare. However, school just started here in Houston this week, and I was wondering if anyone noticed a better percentage of upgrades over the week schools start back (parents wanting to stick around for the first week of school.)

I am 6 for 6 for upgrades this year - only 1 companion upgrade out of 4. . .

Well, good news is that I got the companion upgrade, bad news is that the flight is already an hour late flying to PHL. Oh well, another round in E prez club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.