Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

HELP! asap..not showing on upgrade standby list

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2009, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Delta Gold, Cathay Pacific Diamond, SPG plat.

Hey everyone,
Just checked into a flight tomorrow from hnl-iah-cle and did the $25 change flight from hnl-lax-cle to try to test my luck with the new upgrade rules. Problem is I'm all checked in but I'm not showing up on the upgrade standbye list for both flights (flight 12 on 7/19 and 750 on 7/20). I called elite desk and the guy said he would send a message to the department to fix this but didn't give any time line and honestly sounds like he blew me off. Any tips on what I can do?
Old Jul 18, 2009, 11:32 pm

Programs: CO Plat, CO*, HH Diamond, Avis First
When I did the $25 flight change, I had the same issue. I had to get on the standby list at the airport.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 12:06 am
Original Poster

I think I'm screwed.

The problem is it changed my flight from 7/19 to 7/18..a flight 30 min from now!

I called Continental to change it back but their systems is down for one hour!! That will be 30 minutes past the flight time. The VERY rude phone person said since I wont show up for departure my ENTIRE flight itin will be canceled. I'm on a cruise ship and don't dock till the morning.

I'm so angry right now. This flight to CLE is very important because the next morning I fly to Australia. I guess I have to buy a one way ticket home for tomorrow and deal with CO the next day. I can't risk showing up to the airport tomorrow and not getting standby.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 1:51 am

Programs: CO Plat & MP 1K
Originally Posted by jetboy787
I think I'm screwed.

The problem is it changed my flight from 7/19 to 7/18..a flight 30 min from now!

I called Continental to change it back but their systems is down for one hour!! That will be 30 minutes past the flight time. The VERY rude phone person said since I wont show up for departure my ENTIRE flight itin will be canceled. I'm on a cruise ship and don't dock till the morning.

I'm so angry right now. This flight to CLE is very important because the next morning I fly to Australia. I guess I have to buy a one way ticket home for tomorrow and deal with CO the next day. I can't risk showing up to the airport tomorrow and not getting standby.
Ugghhh. Can you try to change or maybe cancel the flight online (at least that way you don't lose the itinerary)? Definitely if you can, keep calling.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 3:58 am

Programs: *G, KLM Plat, Avis PC, SPG Plt, Hyt Plt
By this time we may be discussing the past. Did you attempt to stand by on the later (original) flight. Make note of the fact that the system was down and contact the continental.com help desk for rebooking. In my experience they seem to be the most informed and capable of the team, particularly in situations like this where you might want to retroactively eliminate a change to a ticket.

Good luck!
Old Jul 19, 2009, 7:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

SO are you freaking out because you aren't on the standby list or because you aren't confirmed on the flight? The latter is a major problem; the former, not so much.

It is not worth calling the 800 number if you're not on the upgrade waitlist. They don't deal with that at the call center. You have to deal with it at the airport.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 10:08 am

Programs: CO Gold
he is freaking out because he changed his flight for the wrong day, he had it for say 'tomorrow' at 12 pm , he went to check in , was offered earlier flights and the flight he choose was for 'today and right now' so his new flight left without him
Old Jul 19, 2009, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by wolfie_cr
he is freaking out because he changed his flight for the wrong day, he had it for say 'tomorrow' at 12 pm , he went to check in , was offered earlier flights and the flight he choose was for 'today and right now' so his new flight left without him
He never said that *he* changed it. He said *it* changed it. Not sure what actually happened.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 1:18 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Generally, you'll do much better calling the co.com support desk with issues like this.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 1:27 pm

Programs: CO Gold
Originally Posted by aviators99
He never said that *he* changed it. He said *it* changed it. Not sure what actually happened.
May be but by the sounds of it he did exactly what I did about a year ago (When this feature of switching to a diff flight at time of OLCI was introduced)

I log in to check in , see a different set of flights that I liked best, selected them and go about my business. Later on I decided to check the standby list on the pda and I am not there. I check the itinerary and the first leg was gone....it is at this time that I figured that I switched my flights to the a set of flights that departed the day before I was suposed to fly, the leg disappeared because it has already taken off!

I called the elite line, explained what happened, took me 2 tries because the gal couldnt figure out what exactly I did.....but they got me my original flights back
Old Jul 19, 2009, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Ok here is what happened:

At the 24 hour mark I did online check in. It came up with a $25 dollar change fee that would make me land in Cleveland at 1:30pm. My original flight has me landing there around 2:45pm and I decided to take it. I didn't notice that this "flight that will get you into Cleveland sooner" was 24 hours sooner. So at 7pm I changed my flight to a flight leaving one hour from that point. I didn't realize it was for a full day sooner. My mistake but I don't think they should offer 24 hours early flight options without making it more clearly.

When I realized this mistake It was 30 min before my flight so I knew I had to call right away or I would be a "no show." I went to call and they told me their computers were down for one hour. I kept telling them what should I do because my flight leaves in 30 minutes and I'm on a ship in the Pacific Ocean! I started to panic because I was losing cell signal fast.

The morning after I land in Cleveland I fly to Australia and showing up at the airport and risk doing standby was NOT a option. I went for a change ticket and paid about 500$ extra to turn my round trip in couch to one way home in BusinessFirst.

I really felt like I ran out of options due to Continentals computers being down for that hour. What would you guys have done in my shoes? Keep in mind I was on a ship and there wasn't much I could do without a cell signal.

I'm writing this from the HNL P club though so I am getting home!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.