Wiki Posts
Search

use CO credit toward non CO itin?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2009, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, DL
use CO credit toward non CO itin?

I will have to cancel an "non refundable" intl CO ticket. I would like to use the residual credit after the change fee to ticket a new itin that will most likely NOT contain any CO flights? can this be done? the res agent I just talked to said there has to be a CO flight in the itin but I don't understand why that has to be the case. I can see why they wouldn't like ticketing an itin with no flights of their own but it should be possible, right?
Old Jul 15, 2009, 11:57 am

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
I don't have enough knowledge to comment on whether or not they should re-issue the ticket for itinerary without CO-operate flights. I assume you refer to codeshare flights available on CO.com and not a random flight on an airline with which CO has no relationship (e.g. BA or AA).

You can get around this restriction if CO doesn't budge. Find the cheapest possible fare in the CO system (likely one-way IAH-AUS or IAH-SAT). Re-issue your ticket for that flight and receive the balance of funds as an e-cert. Redeem the e-cert for your desired itinerary on CO.com. This assumes that you can find your itinerary on CO.com.

Edited to add: IIRC, int'l change fee is $250

Good luck!

Last edited by Totoro; Jul 15, 2009 at 11:58 am Reason: int'l change fee
Old Jul 15, 2009, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Book a flight with a CO segment attached. Remove that segment within 24 hours of buying the ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.