Wiki Posts
Search

MAN Flts arriving at EWR Terminal B

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2009, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Co Gold
MAN Flts arriving at EWR Terminal B

Having flown Man-EWR at least twice a year for the last 4 years I always arrived at Terminal C and found immigration there to be quick and painless.

In November last year the flight went into Term B and it was a real pain getting through immigration and customs was even worse

Start of this month I flew over and again we went into Term B and again the immigration queues were longer

I've noticed a few flights this week have been arriving at B as well.

Was I just lucky previously or has there been a shift in policy that international flights now arrive at Term B?
Old May 23, 2009, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Terminal B

CO still primarily uses Terminal C. Flights will be routed to Terminal B when they run out of gates at Terminal C.

I have arrived at Terminal B on an international flight perhaps a dozen times, on CO, but also on SAS and l'Avion.

I have never noticed a big difference in the time it took to clear passport control and customs at Terminal B versus Terminal C.

The biggest factor is how many other flights are arriving at the same time as your flight, as issue which can affect immigration queues at Terminal C as well.

Also, it could well be that the queues for non-U.S. citizens are slower at Terminal B than Terminal C, but I just can't speak from experience as I am a U.S. citizen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.