Wiki Posts
Search

Avoid Row 5 on 767-400

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2009, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Diamond, AA Gold
Avoid Row 5 on 767-400

Flew from EWR-AMS on Monday night. They switched this back to a 767-400 from a 200 earlier this Spring. My suggestion is to avoid Row 5 when selecting a BF seat. Row 6 and 7 are served by a separate flight attendant. They were through their dinner service and to bed ONE HOUR before we were in Row 5. If you don't like the express service, this is a big deal in MHO.
Old May 13, 2009, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS
Originally Posted by tnflyer
Flew from EWR-AMS on Monday night. They switched this back to a 767-400 from a 200 earlier this Spring. My suggestion is to avoid Row 5 when selecting a BF seat. Row 6 and 7 are served by a separate flight attendant. They were through their dinner service and to bed ONE HOUR before we were in Row 5. If you don't like the express service, this is a big deal in MHO.
Granted I don't fly CO (I'm a UA flyer), but that seems more of a FA issue than a seat issue, no? Or is it always customary for the FA to handle only rows 1-5 and another for 6 & 7?
Old May 13, 2009, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium

I seem to remember hearing that a time or two on here...
Old May 13, 2009, 3:18 pm

This is normal service on the 767 international flights in my experience.
Old May 13, 2009, 3:47 pm

Programs: Continental Airlines
767-400ER Rows 1-5

The last two rows are almost always served by the back galley, and it is almost always faster. The only time I saw it a different way was on a half empty flight where all 7 rows were served from the front.
Old May 13, 2009, 5:02 pm

Rows 1-5 are served by three f/a (two in the aisle and one in the galley) on the 764, exactly as the 762.

Rows 6-7 on the 764 are served by two (the ISM and the galley flight attendant).

As for the "ONE HOUR", the three crew serving up front might have been slower in the service, might have had more people in rows 1-5 than 6-7, customers in rows 6-7 might have had the executive option (or not wanted anything entirely). Seems like a lot of variables (at least that I can think of that happen often - and there are more).

The service is the same.

Maybe the people in rows 6-7 had a quicker service and were thinking you all in rows 1-5 got a nicer, relaxed, not-rushed service.

I guess it is in all how you look at it.
Old May 13, 2009, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
I personally do not avoid any seats in BF, i have my seat preferences but in the end I will take any seat up there instead of economy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.