Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEL route?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2009, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC Aeroplan ;BA GOLD;HH GOLD;FAIRMONT PREMIER;SPG GOLD;PR PASS.
DEL route?

What is the route the EWR-DEL-EWR flights take?
Is it over the pole/ Russia? What countries do they fly over?
Or do they fly to Europe and then down to DEL/

Is there a website that shows accurate international flight routes?

thanks

wali
Old Apr 30, 2009, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by wali
What is the route the EWR-DEL-EWR flights take?
Is it over the pole/ Russia? What countries do they fly over?
Or do they fly to Europe and then down to DEL/

Is there a website that shows accurate international flight routes?

thanks

wali

From my Understanding they don't take a direct polar routing, but you do fly over Russia.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 8:38 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Premier, Onepass Platinum, Intercontinental Platinum, Marriott Silver
I flew this route 3 weeks ago, and I remember going over northern scandinavia, Moscow, then down through the 'stans and finally over (i think lahore) pakistan.

Great service!
Old Apr 30, 2009, 8:42 am

GREKI JUDDS MARTN TOPPS N125A YAY HECKK
5300N 05000W 5600N 04000W 5900N 03000W
6100N 02000W 6200N 01000W GUNPA ARKEN
SUTOK ARS NEBSI UP607 LATKA UP607 NOTAR
R58 TU R11 FV G3 QL B365 BK B923 GUTAN
A368 URL B824 ODIVA A66 TMD A466 TRZ
A466 SITAX A466 IGINO IGIN1A

There you have it!!

DRW
Old Apr 30, 2009, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
The Great Circle Mapper is your friend.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
The Great Circle Mapper is your friend.
Not necessarily. Flights like DEL use specific routes like those B365, B923, A368, etc and pass through specific waypoints, so it only approximate the Great Circle route, but not entirely.

Or like flights back from China. They often just ride the jetstream in northern Pacific, which is way south of, and much longer than, the Great Circle route. But because of the jetstream, that's the fastest and most efficient way to get back.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 10:39 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
When I flew from EWR to DEL a few years ago our route flew over Scotland and Germany and then between Russia and Iran going over the 'Stans, including Afghanistan. (It was the first time I had flown over a country where the US was actively engaged in a war, kinda.) BTW, FlightAware offers archived flight paths.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
BTW, FlightAware offers archived flight paths.
but they end about 300 miles off the US borders if you want the line...the waypoints are still there however.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 10:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
When I flew from EWR to DEL a few years ago our route flew over Scotland and Germany and then between Russia and Iran going over the 'Stans, including Afghanistan. (It was the first time I had flown over a country where the US was actively engaged in a war, kinda.) BTW, FlightAware offers archived flight paths.
This is roughly the same as the routing I took in 2005.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by rkkwan
Not necessarily. Flights like DEL use specific routes like those B365, B923, A368, etc and pass through specific waypoints, so it only approximate the Great Circle route, but not entirely.

Or like flights back from China. They often just ride the jetstream in northern Pacific, which is way south of, and much longer than, the Great Circle route. But because of the jetstream, that's the fastest and most efficient way to get back.
True, but at least it gives the OP a fighting chance at something close to the path being flown. Eh is better than meh.
Old May 1, 2009, 4:27 pm

Programs: CO Pres Plat, then UA Global Services--long expired : (
Over Asia?

Last week when I checked flight status of CO83 (DEL-EWR) using continental.com, it showed the flight path going east from DEL over the pacific. Was that accurate and why would they do it that way (jetstream to reduce fuel consumption?).
Old May 1, 2009, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by srletend
Last week when I checked flight status of CO83 (DEL-EWR) using continental.com, it showed the flight path going east from DEL over the pacific. Was that accurate and why would they do it that way (jetstream to reduce fuel consumption?).
Not possible. Going east would be way too far and way beyond range of CO's 772.
Old May 1, 2009, 8:46 pm
yad

Programs: CO Plat
The last DEL-EWR I was on took a polar routing (over pakistan, afghanistan, up north through Russia, over the pole, down near baffin island and then over hudson bay).

The routing any particular day probably depends on the winds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.