Wiki Posts
Search

F fare class

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2008, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Gold, US Plat, ICH Plat/RA
F fare class

Is there any way to see "F" class availability (miles-upgrade) for domestic?

Neither seatcounter nor KVS can show it, and using co.com is a bit of a hassle...

Why would there be "R" availability (free upgrades) but not "F" availability on selected flights (ex, today flight 410) - doesn't make much sense to me.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by pilo

Neither seatcounter nor KVS can show it, and using co.com is a bit of a hassle...

Why would there be "R" availability (free upgrades) but not "F" availability on selected flights (ex, today flight 410) - doesn't make much sense to me.
R is no longer for EUA. It hasn't been in quite some time. The reason why we can't see the hidden buckets is that CO doesn't want us to see them.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 1:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Search for upgradable flights in the CO.com search. If the flight is upgradable then there is F inventory.

As for why R is there but not F, it is because R is a revenue bucket and they make money selling those seats. Plus, within 12 hours of departure they generally open up all the buckets to allow for SDCs.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
Search for upgradable flights in the CO.com search. If the flight is upgradable then there is F inventory.

As for why R is there but not F, it is because R is a revenue bucket and they make money selling those seats. Plus, within 12 hours of departure they generally open up all the buckets to allow for SDCs.
Thanks, I was of impression that R is for EUAs. Thanks for clarification.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 1:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Thanks, I was of impression that R is for EUAs. Thanks for clarification.
NP. The full list of fare buckets is in the FAQ.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Continental kinda failed me on this one.

CO410 - 16 capacity , 11 booked, 3 more people on standby list. No seats available for upgrade.

It's clear that 3 people on standby are going to be upgraded, but I can't upgrade my gf with miles - per "no waitlist 24 hours before flight" rule.

Oh well, lesson learned
Old Dec 2, 2008, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can keep checking back -- F inventory may open -- the EUA clearance is not instantaneous, so you may be able to slip a mileage upgrade in there.

Of course the easiest and most reliable thing to do would have been to waitlist her prior to the 24 hour mark...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.