Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

24 Hour Cancel Ticket Policy - Exact rule, process questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

24 Hour Cancel Ticket Policy - Exact rule, process questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2012, 8:28 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, MC Life Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by joel67
Not sure if proper etiquette is to post to this existing thread in obsolete forum or create new one in consolidated forum, but I'm assuming that the PMCO 24-hour cancellation coding hasn't changed and have a few questions that PMCO flyers can best answer.

I have a reservation that apparently is going to take 24 hours to be ticketed because of one segment on a partner that requires the delay. Do I only have 24 hours from booking to cancel it or will the clock start once it's ticketed?

I see that you can't request upgrades online until after the itinerary is ticketed, but can you do that over the phone? (R space is currently available, but you never know if it'll still be there later.)

In general, if you make a free change to your itinerary within the 24-hour window, does the clock start again? If not, presumably you'd want to cancel entirely and start with a new res.
Just called UA myself and got a couple of answers, although you never really know the truth until you try. Indeed upgrades cannot be done or requested for any segments until ticketing is completed. The agent's supervisor claimed that the 24-hour-cancellation rule is from time of ticketing, not booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.