Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting EUA process.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2008, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Interesting EUA process.

Platinum on an O fare from EWR to IAH for flight on 10/20 at 8:50 AM. Figured I would check the site and see where I stand:

This information will change frequently.
This page was last refreshed Sun., Oct 19, 2008 8:33 PM New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) local time

Customers Upgraded into First Class:
GEN, R. 1F
HEY, W. 2E

Upgrade Standby List*:
1. HWA, S.
2. NIZ, F.
3. EBE, S.
4. TRE, T.

(Only listed the first 4 but there were 16 on the list)

At the time I was number 1. Thought it didn't look so bad. Checked again before I went to bed:

This page was last refreshed Mon., Oct 20, 2008 2:20 AM New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) local time

GEN, R. 1F
HEY, W. 2E

Upgrade Standby List*:
1. HWA, S.
2. NIZ, F.
3. EBE, S.
4. TRE, T.

(once again, only posting the first 4)

Here it is right after the 3 hour EUA:

This page was last refreshed Mon., Oct 20, 2008 5:53 AM New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) local time

GEN, R. 1F
HEY, W. 2E
KEA, I.
TRE, T. 2A

Upgrade Standby List*:
1. HWA, S.
2. NIZ, F.
3. EBE, S.
4. MET, J.

(HUH?, wow, how did Tre, T which was number 4 the entire time get jumped up ahead of 3 other people? I can think of possibly having been waitlisted on an upgrade with miles, but besides that what other ways would that person have been able to jump up 3 people?)

Just thought I'd share.

Last edited by ssh4pooh; Oct 20, 2008 at 4:14 am
Old Oct 20, 2008, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
That could happen if you were a gold and "Tre, T" was gold at a lower fare class or silver but was then added as a platinum companion. That could not have happened here, though, as you said you were platinum.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 7:02 am

Programs: CO non-elite, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold
Something doesn't seem right. I'd be interested to know how many seats were booked and open. It's a long shot, but TRE, T. could have "bought up" to a Y fare and Y-upped. Looks like ssh4pooh did get upgraded.

GEN, R. 1F
HEY, W. 2E
HWA, S. 4A
KEA, I. 3E
NIZ, F. 2F
TRE, T. 2A
Old Oct 20, 2008, 7:43 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
-- 3 hour mark EUA processes based on Elite Status, fare codes, time of ticket purchase.
-- Upgrade Standby list is ordered by Elite status, fare code, time of check in.

TRE, T may be on same fare code as others above, but he purchased ticket before the others. The others checked in first, but purchased ticket after TRE, T.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 9:54 am

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Originally Posted by cova
-- 3 hour mark EUA processes based on Elite Status, fare codes, time of ticket purchase.
-- Upgrade Standby list is ordered by Elite status, fare code, time of check in.

TRE, T may be on same fare code as others above, but he purchased ticket before the others. The others checked in first, but purchased ticket after TRE, T.
If that was the case, wouldn't the system at the time TRE,T checked in moved him immediately into the #1 spot?
Old Oct 20, 2008, 9:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by hughw
If that was the case, wouldn't the system at the time TRE,T checked in moved him immediately into the #1 spot?
No. The EUA is processed by EUA priority, which can differ from the PDA site priority for the reasons that cova has explained. TRE,T was a lower priority for a battlefield upgrade but did have priority for the EUA. CO currently does not have any means for passengers to view the EUA hierarchy.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
What happens if F inventory is made available before an EUA is run and TRE, T calls and decides to use miles for an upgrade instead of the EUA process? Will that bounce him into first class?
Old Oct 20, 2008, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
What happens if F inventory is made available before an EUA is run and TRE, T calls and decides to use miles for an upgrade instead of the EUA process? Will that bounce him into first class?
Yes.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 11:49 am

He probably thought his chances were poor, and decided to pay up...
He was probably right, too, no sign of EBE, S. in first...
Old Oct 21, 2008, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Who gets the upgrade?

Originally Posted by Benjh
He probably thought his chances were poor, and decided to pay up...
He was probably right, too, no sign of EBE, S. in first...
So, if you are waitlisted for a miles upgrade, will it be processed before the battlefields?
Old Oct 21, 2008, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by lawndartrider
So, if you are waitlisted for a miles upgrade, will it be processed before the battlefields?
If you call. The inventory could be sitting around, but the EUA may not yet be run.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by lawndartrider
You will be processed at the same time as the battlefields but you will be in the top priority group. Note that one cannot waitlist with miles inside 24 hours, so if the inventory isn't there on the day of travel the waitlist isn't an option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.