Wiki Posts
Search

empower adaptor - where to purchase?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2008, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada, Frontier Airlines
empower adaptor - where to purchase?

There are only a few rows (that are currently blocked out for premium passsengers) that have empower for our flight on a 767-400 to AMS. Since CO will release all of the seats at check in we *might* get to move up a bit since we are pretty far back in the aircraft. Does CO sell the empower adaptors onflight? or is there somewhere I can buy it on tuesday before our flight leaves (Best Buy, Brookstone etc).

Thanks!
Old Sep 19, 2008, 3:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

They are not sold on board the flight.

Not really sure where to buy one in person. Sorry.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
They are not sold on board the flight.

Not really sure where to buy one in person. Sorry.
I thought they sold them in onboard duty free.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 3:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by CO 1E
I thought they sold them in onboard duty free.
I had thought so too, but for some reason I recall an announcement that they weren't available on a recent flight. If they are then never mind, but I didn't think that they were.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 3:46 pm

Programs: CO Gold
get them via amazon or ebay, goes for like 50 dollars , make sure you get the inverter WITH the empower adapter, I got the APC one and works perfectly
Old Sep 19, 2008, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
you can get a kensington AC/DC/Empower adapter at circuit city and most other tech variety stores.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
And if you don't get one before you get to the airport, there are stores at many major airports (including both IAH and EWR) that have them for prices comparable to what I've seen them priced at stores like Best Buy.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
They were in the duty free catalog on my last two flights (which were in the past two weeks) for $120 I believe. I bought mine at Brookstone at IAH.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, LY Silver
If you are a Mac user, you can buy it from Apple (online or at their stores)
Old Sep 19, 2008, 5:04 pm

Programs: *
Originally Posted by yonajon
If you are a Mac user, you can buy it from Apple (online or at their stores)
Or next time try fly on a modern airline that has 110V outlets in all their transatlantic aircraft...
Old Sep 19, 2008, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by ani90
Or next time try fly on a modern airline that has 110V outlets in all their transatlantic aircraft...
Good thing CO is moving toward that. I agree - I hate empower.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 5:51 pm

Programs: CO Plat, PC Lifex, SPG Gold
They have them at Radio Shack. But don't go in and be like do you have empower adapters bc they have no idea. I went in with a print out of what the plug looked like. And they had a "plane/auto" charger adapter pack and it was in there.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 7:43 pm

Programs: AV LifeMiles, CM ConnectMiles, BA Exec Club. Former:ex-ASGold, ex-UA1K, ex-COPlat, ex-NWGold.
Those $120 or so Kensington SmartTip adapters (110/220 AC, Auto/cig-lighter plug, and empower all in one) can often be found for $20 as refurbished items at sites like pacificgeek.com and even at J&R jandr.com. I've got two of them - one from each site, MrsXS uses one, I use the other and was running my ThinkPad on it while inflight (on BrandX airlines today, sorry, but they did have empower), and am running it in the hotel now with it while simultaneously charging my Nokia phone via the add-on dual-item adapter.

Try to find one of those in advance, rather than getting ripped off for what a Brookstone or some airport shop would charge for a less-capable adapter.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
CO reservations has a reference as to where to buy them. Give them a call, and they'll tell you where to get it and give you a discount code. At least that's what they did for me a few years ago.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 4:46 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
They sell iGo at radio shack. Despite what an above poster stated, I think they typically know what they're talking about at radio shack, at least with the iGo.

Or you can go to the iGo website, put in your info, and it will tell you what adapter to buy. Then head off to your local Radio Shack and buy exactly what you want. I have the iGo Juice70 and it works great in empower seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.