Wiki Posts
Search

ticket changes due to Ike...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2008, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada, Frontier Airlines
ticket changes due to Ike...

So we have 2 KLM award tickets booked from Denver to IAH to AMS in a few days (24th September). This falls within the dates that continential will waive change fees and/or additional fare collection.

My question is, will they waive fees to allow travel on an alliance partner (i.e. NWA/KLM?)

I have such an issue flying south for 3 hours first and then a 10 hour flight to AMS from Houston. Is it worth even asking to see if we can get routed through MSP or DET to AMS on NWA?

Change fees and/or additional fare collection will be waived if the rescheduled flights are booked in the original class of service to the same city pairs as originally ticketed and rescheduled travel commences on or before Oct. 7, 2008.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 4:17 pm

Programs: CO Plat (thanks to FT), UA 1P, AA
It seems that you are talking about a KL award ticket on KL/NW metal... So what does CO and their re-accommodation have to do? I am not sure I get it...

With that said, I've been through Houston twice since the 15th., and things seem to be running just fine...
Old Sep 19, 2008, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada, Frontier Airlines
Originally Posted by enmascarado
It seems that you are talking about a KL award ticket on KL/NW metal... So what does CO and their re-accommodation have to do? I am not sure I get it...

With that said, I've been through Houston twice since the 15th., and things seem to be running just fine...

Actually the ticket is on CO metal, which is why I was asking on the CO board.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 5:19 pm

Programs: CO Gold
I imagine that in this case you are better off asking KL

I find it unlikely that CO is going to reroute you through a different airline's hub when it was a reward that was not even booked through them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.