Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PDA Seat Map Saves the Day (er, Night)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2008, 6:06 am
Original Poster

PDA Seat Map Saves the Day (er, Night)

When I checked the seat map prior to my checkin at the RDM Horizon counter, it appeared I got lucky for the SEA->EWR leg of my flight: the middle seat was empty, affording a little extra elbow room and the opportunity to spread out a bit during this red-eye.

Unfortunately, arriving at the SEA PC I found out that was no longer the case

As I settled into my aisle seat, a couple boarding shortly after me pointed at the middle and window seats to let me know they'd like to get in. The husband said "I don't think this is our row; we're in 29, not 26." They subsequently discovered that they'd been separated; she was in 26E, and he was in 29F. She assumed that was the end of the story . . .

I grabbed my Blackberry, pulled up the seat map for the flight, and discovered that 29E was listed as open. I shared the information with her, and she bolted to the back of the plane to be with her husband . . . leaving me and my window neighbor with one of only 3 rows on that flight with empty middle seats!

Thanks, Continental . . . I actually slept in Coach!
Old Aug 8, 2008, 5:15 pm

Programs: CO* Plat MM, HH Diamond
Providence shines on the well prepared!^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.