Wiki Posts
Search

When you buy a ticket for someone else

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2008, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Onepass Platinum
When you buy a ticket for someone else

I recently purchased a ticket for a friend on a Skyteam airline; I am a Onepass member. When I purchased the ticket, I entered my Onepass number in the frequent flyer field since my friend doesn't belong to any programs. Is there any chance I'll get the mileage for this flight? I know you used to be able to do this long ago on other airlines, but I figure it's something that doesn't work any more.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 1:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
You figure correctly.

You only get the miles in your account for the flights you fly.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
The name on the ticket has to agree with the name in the Onepass account.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Oh well, I guess I was hoping for a stroke of luck. Onepass doesn't seem too attentive to details. So far I've been given mileage on two reward tickets and mileage for two round trip tickets from LAX to CDG after I complained about missing mileage from a totally different trip. I'd never been to CDG and I was also given the original missing mileage. I thought maybe I might get lucky and slip another one by them.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Posting that level of detail about CO giving you mileage you're not supposed to have is asking for them to figure out what your OnePass number is and to correct those mistake postings.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ssullivan
Posting that level of detail about CO giving you mileage you're not supposed to have is asking for them to figure out what your OnePass number is and to correct those mistake postings.
I didn't post the real destinations involved, because I figured the result could be just what you described.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 5:10 am
RNE

Originally Posted by ssullivan
True. Luminaries like you and me are well known to the CO brass. We can't forget to wash our hands in the lavatory without an alarm going off in Houston. Medic1, on the other hand, is under their radar. He has a freedom we 'Do-goers do not. Just yesterday, I was explaining to my psychiatrist at the Cuyahoga Hospital for the Criminally Insane that the reason CO throws those 'Do parties is really to collect vital information about us. Take those name tags we wear. They're really bio-trans-derm-imprinters that mark our DNA while drinking CO's watered-down booze, eating CO's Chelsea kitchen-lab experimental rejects, and—even worse—listening to Larry drone on like a short man at a strip club, all for the true purpose of allowing CO to track our every move, whether at an airport, on a plane, at home, or even in a padded room—where I just happen to be right now.

P.S. I think you're safe, Medic1. If CO were inclined to correct its mistakes, it would shutter its Presidents Clubs.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by RNE
even worse—listening to Larry drone on like a short man at a strip club,
Comedy gold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.