Wiki Posts
Search

cant select seats 5 days out?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2008, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *G
cant select seats 5 days out?

im currently stuck in a middle seat near the rear porcelain-throne on the 07-23 CO799

when i go to "view/change seats" from my existing reservation, it shows all seats as grayed out/occupied.

however, when searching for a NEW flight, the same CO799 is still available for purchase. "view seats" reveals open premium and fc seats. if i proceed through the booking, seat selector reverts back to grayed out cabin, whether im logged in as elite or not.

whats the deal? will the mapping be opened up later for a re-seat?
Old Jul 18, 2008, 5:48 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Are you eligible for premium or first class seats?
Old Jul 18, 2008, 5:53 am
cpx

Programs: Many
During online checkin(24 hr prior to departure), you might get an option
change seats if there are open seats.
If you are non-elite, you wont be able to select the premium
seats in advance.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 7:14 am
ecq

same thing happened to me when i flew ewr-mco. all seats were blocked out but you were still able to buy tickets. i had to buy a ticket for my mother at the last minute. checked in 24 hours before departure and was able to get her a seat and me a better seat. there were about 10 seats that they blocked out.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
I went through the booking process as far as the seat-selection step and was just able to select 22A. What is your elite status?
Old Jul 18, 2008, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G
i should be eligible for premium seats.

i received eua on the first leg, but might not make it this one. if it is indeed fully booked, i might just volunteer for voucher and take the next flight ~2hr afterwards. no rush
Old Jul 18, 2008, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by deniah
i should be eligible for premium seats.

i received eua on the first leg, but might not make it this one. if it is indeed fully booked, i might just volunteer for voucher and take the next flight ~2hr afterwards. no rush
What is your elite status? When you bring up your account, what does it say your OnePass Elite Level is?

It is NOT fully booked...it shows

[KVS Availability Tool 3.1.2/Platinum - Apollo: ITN/US-ARL]
Code:
IAH  Houston George Bush Intercnt'l TX US [KIAH]
DEN  Denver Int'l CO US [KDEN]
WED  23 Jul 2008

Carrier   Flight From Depart    To   Arrive    A/C  St   Availability
--------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- ---- ----------------------------------------------------------- 

CO        799    IAH  08:54     DEN  10:17     753  0    A9 D9 Z9 R5 Y9 H9 K5 M0 N0 B0 O0 V0 U0 Q0 I0 S0 W0 T0 X0 L0
Old Jul 18, 2008, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
If you're elite and there are blue seats open up front and you can't choose seats, call co.com support 800-300-1547 and they'll either fix it or pick it for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.