Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BF Upgrade Question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2008, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
BF Upgrade Question

I'm booking a flight to HNL(via IAH) for next March with a return in April. Right now, I can find plenty of BF upgrade seats (using miles with an H class fare) for March but absolutely NO BF upgrades for April. So, the question is should I book the flight now and upgrade the outbound leg, and if so, is there a "wait list" for BF upgrades for the return if I do this? I'm getting conflicting answers from OnePass personnel. It also seems strange to me that there would be no seat upgrades available for April. Any thoughts/help?
Old Jul 16, 2008, 6:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You can definitely waitlist for the upgrade reward.

The upgrade to/from Hawaii is still $200 each way on an H fare, so make sure that it is really worth the up-charge on the ticket. If you can get a lower fare (like $500 less r/t, depending on what the discount seat books in to) then you'll actually save money on the ticket, especially if the upgrade doesn't clear one way. Alas, you'll lose the 50% extra EQMs, but again that might be a decent cost/benefit analysis to perform.
Old Jul 18, 2008, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
The bottom line is the return flight I'm looking at in April is totally empty as of now yet no BF upgrade seats are available. I don't want to book now and end up not sitting up front on my return. So, if I did book now, does that place me ahead of anyone else who might come after seeking a BF upgrade seat and when/if such seats became available would my upgrade process first before such seats would be available on line?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.