Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Does "Plan B" international upgrade work on mixed metal awards?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2008, 4:54 am
JMR
Original Poster

Programs: *wood, UA, HHonors

Search isn't returning any results on the following question:

Plan B for an international upgrade is booking into BizFirst but accepting a seat in Coach until/ unless a BizFirst seat opens up. I know this work on CO operated flights, but what about a mixed-metal itinerary?

Specifically, if I book an award EWR-BKK at the Saver rate of 120k miles, but only the EWR-NRT CO operated flight is booked into BizFirst while the NRT-BKK NW operated flight is booked into Coach, will I be upgraded to the front cabin on NW if a seat is available at take-off?

Hope the above makes sense ... TIA
Old Jun 12, 2008, 5:59 am
Suspended

From what I remember its only good on CO metal, now what I dont know is say the opposite was the case you were in coach till NRT on CO and Biz onward from there can Plan B be applied to the CO NRT flight? I dont recall if all the segments have to be on CO or not or if it applies only to those flights on CO metal even with a mixed itin.

So if say you were on a NW metal flight that was booked with a CO flight#,Plan B wont work even though a CO flight was booked , since the flight itself is NW metal.

It cant hurt to ask at NRT but dont get your hopes up or demand anything

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.