Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arrivals lounge and CDG

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2008, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M SEN, Flying Blue Platinum, Executive Club nobody, Hilton Gold, Sol Melia MAS Gold
Arrivals lounge and CDG

Can you use the AF arrivals lounge with a President's Club card? I know you supposedly have access to all AF lounges at CDG with PC card, but does this apply to the arrivals one as well if I want to take a shower?

Thanks
Old May 22, 2008, 8:35 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by robin.goodman
Can you use the AF arrivals lounge with a President's Club card? I know you supposedly have access to all AF lounges at CDG with PC card, but does this apply to the arrivals one as well if I want to take a shower?

Thanks
No. Only as SkyTeam Elite Plus (CO Platinum card) and you can bring in one guest.

This likely needs to be verified - as the Lounge access list for PC members lists all the AF lounges, and does not include SkyTeam Elite Plus. I think something is wrong.

My experience - Only ST E+ can use the arrivals lounge and PC members can only use the departure lounge near the CO gates.
Old May 22, 2008, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M SEN, Flying Blue Platinum, Executive Club nobody, Hilton Gold, Sol Melia MAS Gold
i regularly use all AF departure lounges at CDG, particularly those in 2E, with my PC club
Old May 22, 2008, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
I've never had a problem in using it as a CO BF passenger. I don't know how they would treat a PC card. Why don't you ask this questin on the AF sticky threas dedicated to this lounge. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23796
Old Aug 18, 2008, 7:59 am

Programs: DL MM/FC/FO; UA PS; AA GLD
Originally Posted by robin.goodman
i regularly use all AF departure lounges at CDG, particularly those in 2E, with my PC club
Am I reading the CO site about lounge access correctly that PC membership allows entry to all departure lounges but no guests?

How about arrivals lounge? There are several threads with bits and pieces about CDG lounges, but I'm coming up with different answers.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 8:27 am

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
I would look closely at the AF site. They have tons of postings on lounge access.
If you travel BF then you can use the arrival lounge which is outside customs. This is not for Plat or PC card holders unless you travel BF.
Departure lounges are accesible with the PC card with no guest or if you have Plat then you can bring in a guest. You can use it if you fly BF CO but I am not sure if you can bring in a guest.
This is for the business lounge. There is a separate first class lounge which you have no access even if you fly CO BF.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 9:16 am
Suspended

I dont get this arrivals stuff.

seems the only people allowed in are those flying BF, yet CO uses 2A where there is no Arrivals AF Lounge as AF doesnt use 2A

So is the Lounge that great that it pays to go from 2A to 2C where the Lounge is? also I assume its on the Land side and not the Air side

Flying BF myself (no coach 25k available) later this week with a 12 hr layover before my connection, I planned it that way,I wanted to visit Versailles and with the 56 running late alot lately I figured if I went with the 3:45pm flight instead of the 8:20pm flight I could be in for a very long layover where Id have to stay at CDG itself and not be able to make it to Versailles
Old Aug 18, 2008, 10:37 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by craz
So is the Lounge that great that it pays to go from 2A to 2C where the Lounge is? also I assume its on the Land side and not the Air side
Yes, the AF arrivals lounge in landside. It is a 5-7mn walk from 2A, so it is not really a big deal to walk there. What is nice about the lounge is that it has 14 pleasant shower rooms.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 10:53 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by keisari
I
If you travel BF then you can use the arrival lounge which is outside customs. This is not for Plat or PC card holders unless you travel BF.
I do not see where the AirFrance website excludes SkyTeam Elite Plus (CO Plat) from the arrivals lounge. The Access conditions apply to "lounges" in general, with the "departure lounges" and "arrivals lounge" following. I have used the AF arrivals lounge arriving in coach as a CO Plat. From the AF site:

Acces conditions

You can use Air France's and SkyTeam's lounges if you fly on an Air France, KLM or SkyTeam flight and if :
- you fly in L'Espace Première (First) or L'Espace Affaires (Business),
- you are a Flying Blue Gold or Platinum, SkyTeam Elite Plus, or Club 2000 member,
- you travel as a first class or business class passenger on an international SkyTeam flight.

you only need to meet one of these

Tempo Challenge passengers have access to lounges at Paris/Charles-de-Gaulle 2, the Paris-Orly Hall 3 and to the KLM lounge at Amsterdam/Schiphol.

Departures Lounge

During departures or connecting flights, and during all Air France and SkyTeam stopovers, our Departures lounge can offer you:

- light dining with a large choice of beverages
- Business and Communications space (telephone, fax, PC, free Internet access)
- international newspapers
- comfortable armchairs
- showers in certain airports
- LCD screens

Arrivals Lounge

Feel fresh and relaxed when you arrive at Paris/Charles-de-Gaulle

- spacious shower stalls
- clothes pressing service
- a substantial breakfast
- Business and Communications space (telephone, fax, PC, free Internet access)
- international newspapers
- an area with LCD screens
- reservations service for those traveling to Paris

Location: Paris/Charles-de-Gaulle, Terminal 2C : outside the customers area, opposite gate C2
Hours: 5:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 11:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JOUY31
Yes, the AF arrivals lounge in landside. It is a 5-7mn walk from 2A, so it is not really a big deal to walk there. What is nice about the lounge is that it has 14 pleasant shower rooms.

well since Im heading over to The Sheraton hopefully they will hold my rollerboard as I run around Paris for the day, I guess I will walking by 2C anyway. @ LHR I simply at T4 went thru the transfer desk , stopped at the Club made my massage appt for the last of the day and then went back down thru passport control. @ LHR they have a supervisored storage room in the Lounge problem solved.

when people have posted its opposite Gate2 do they mean Door #2? what is Gate2?

what I really would need is a Lounge to take a shower before flying out at 8;30pm after running around all day, that too can be had at LHR T4. Or should I say BA did have when they were at T4. Havent been to T5 so I dont know if everything has remained the same over there.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 1:17 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
well since Im heading over to The Sheraton hopefully they will hold my rollerboard as I run around Paris for the day, I guess I will walking by 2C anyway. @ LHR I simply at T4 went thru the transfer desk , stopped at the Club made my massage appt for the last of the day and then went back down thru passport control. @ LHR they have a supervisored storage room in the Lounge problem solved.

when people have posted its opposite Gate2 do they mean Door #2? what is Gate2?
Yes, exit door from the terminal.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 7:35 pm

I dont get this arrivals stuff.

seems the only people allowed in are those flying BF, yet CO uses 2A where there is no Arrivals AF Lounge as AF doesnt use 2A

Flying BF myself (no coach 25k available) later this week with a 12 hr layover before my connection, I planned it that way,I wanted to visit Versailles and with the 56 running late alot lately I figured if I went with the 3:45pm flight instead of the 8:20pm flight I could be in for a very long layover where Id have to stay at CDG itself and not be able to make it to Versailles
Craz--It's not hard to get to the arrivals lounge, but it's not well marked. Every time I've been, I walk by it and have to turn around and go back. It really is opposite door #2, but the entrance does no draw attention to itself, particularly if the terminal is crowded.

Given what you want to do, I would skip it. Unless you have a special ticket for entry (I don't know if there is such a thing), I would go straight to Versailles as sometimes the crowds are bad. Have you been before? Regardless, there's more to do and see there than you could do in a day. Just hanging out in the park is worth the trip.

When you get back to CDG, there should be one shower in the lounge nearest the gate where you will board the LHR flight. The breakfast is nice in the arrivals lounge, but really offers no more than you will have on your flight, and I don't think there is anything hot. The shower area can get real steamy, so unless you really feel the need to shower before Versailles, you should wait.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by keisari
I would look closely at the AF site. They have tons of postings on lounge access.
Departure lounges are accesible with the PC card with no guest or if you have Plat then you can bring in a guest. You can use it if you fly BF CO but I am not sure if you can bring in a guest.
This is for the business lounge. There is a separate first class lounge which you have no access even if you fly CO BF.
Yeah, they do, but among the AF forum, CO forum, and the CO website, I have not found a consistent answer about PC membership getting me into the arrivals lounge. Both the AF and CO websites say nothing about not having access with a PC card.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 7:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sushibear
Craz--It's not hard to get to the arrivals lounge, but it's not well marked. Every time I've been, I walk by it and have to turn around and go back. It really is opposite door #2, but the entrance does no draw attention to itself, particularly if the terminal is crowded.

Given what you want to do, I would skip it. Unless you have a special ticket for entry (I don't know if there is such a thing), I would go straight to Versailles as sometimes the crowds are bad. Have you been before? Regardless, there's more to do and see there than you could do in a day. Just hanging out in the park is worth the trip.

When you get back to CDG, there should be one shower in the lounge nearest the gate where you will board the LHR flight. The breakfast is nice in the arrivals lounge, but really offers no more than you will have on your flight, and I don't think there is anything hot. The shower area can get real steamy, so unless you really feel the need to shower before Versailles, you should wait.
Thanks

BTW Im not headed to LHR I only was comparing the lounges at T4 @ LHR, Im headed into BUD then onto PRG on Sun

I dont think Id need to shower upon arrival at CDG but would have Loved to before jumping onto the BUD flight after 12 hrs of running around. But no great loss, Ill simply jump into 1 when I get to my hotel in BUD
Old Aug 18, 2008, 7:59 pm

Thanks

BTW Im not headed to LHR I only was comparing the lounges at T4 @ LHR, Im headed into BUD then onto PRG on Sun

I dont think Id need to shower upon arrival at CDG but would have Loved to before jumping onto the BUD flight after 12 hrs of running around. But no great loss, Ill simply jump into 1 when I get to my hotel in BUD
I think all the AF lounges except for B and D have showers, so you might still have time on the return to CDG. I don't know the departure area for BUD, but that time of the day, there usually is no one waiting for the shower.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.