Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Houston, Texas to Cairns, Australia

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2008, 8:25 pm

Programs: One Pass Platinum
Make this a true adventure -- do the Island Hopper on one leg and EWR/HKG/GUM on the other. If you are a diver, a stopover in Truk would add some real excitement. If not a diver, do a stopover in HKG and gawk at what has happened on Macao. Either way, don't miss an opportunity to do the Island Hopper if you plan to go to CNS via GUM.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/*G
OK so I ended up booking IAH-NRT-GUM-CNS (BF reward) CNS-MEL-CNS (Starjet) CNS-GUM-HNL-IAH (Y reward).

On the return, where can I get in with a Presidents Club membership?
Old Jul 28, 2008, 3:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by chiph
OK so I ended up booking IAH-NRT-GUM-CNS (BF reward) CNS-MEL-CNS (Starjet) CNS-GUM-HNL-IAH (Y reward).

On the return, where can I get in with a Presidents Club membership?
GUM, HNL, IAH.

On the outbound you can go to the PC in IAH, NRT and GUM.

Were you able to find a standard reward or did you end up paying for the slEasyPass?
Old Jul 28, 2008, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1mm), Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by chiph
Think you mean JetStar for the Cairns-Melbourne trip. Curious, did you check QF to see if they had reward availability.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 9:06 pm

Programs: Onepass Silver, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Worldperks, AAdvantage
Here is a thought. what about houston to Dubai and then Dubai to Brisbane on Emirates. You can take a cheap flight from Brisbane to Cairns.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 6:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by johnathome
Think you mean JetStar for the Cairns-Melbourne trip. Curious, did you check QF to see if they had reward availability.
I'm not sure that the QF flight(s) can be added on to a CO reward on CO metal going in to Oz. I thought that they could only be used if in conjunction with a reward ticket using QF metal across the Pacific.
Originally Posted by leejeffrey
Here is a thought. what about houston to Dubai and then Dubai to Brisbane on Emirates. You can take a cheap flight from Brisbane to Cairns.
Not a valid reward routing to Oz. You have to go TPAC. It is viable for revenue flight, though RDMs only unless you add the LGW-DXB segment, which is the only one that can earn EQMs.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/*G
Originally Posted by johnathome
You're right -- JetStar!

Yes, tried repeatedly with QF to no avail.

Ended up using Easypass, I believe. 210k miles for BF on the way out and Y on the way back.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Did you try KE (Korean)? Lots of flights USA - ICN, and lots of flights from ICN to multiple Australia destinations. KE BC roundtrip from USA to Australia is 150K miles.

Noted KE discussion above in earlier posts. KE also flies to BNE - so closer to CNS.

Last edited by cova; Aug 5, 2008 at 1:22 pm
Old Aug 5, 2008, 4:41 pm

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
Originally Posted by sbm12
Not a valid reward routing to Oz. You have to go TPAC. It is viable for revenue flight, though RDMs only unless you add the LGW-DXB segment, which is the only one that can earn EQMs.
So along the same lines, Asia-US reward travel routing can only be TPAC and not on AF/KL through CDG or AMS?
Old Aug 5, 2008, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Totoro
So along the same lines, Asia-US reward travel routing can only be TPAC and not on AF/KL through CDG or AMS?
I do not think CO allows it. DL does, but the reward level is much higher than the TPAC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.