Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Winter mess in CLE this weekend

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2008, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: OnePass Platinum, Starwood Platinum, Avis First, Hilton Silver, Marriott Platinum
Winter mess in CLE this weekend

It is snowing now, and only predicted to get worse...

Winter Storm Will Affect Cleveland Flights Through Saturday

HOUSTON, March 7 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- With severe winter weather forecast for Ohio through Saturday, Continental Airlines (NYSE: CAL) announced travel options for customers whose flight plans may be affected by the storm.

Weather conditions are expected to make air travel difficult in the area. This forecast will force some delays and cancellations of flights at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport.

To avoid inconvenience, travelers scheduled on flights through Saturday may wish to delay commencement of their trip.

Customers ticketed for travel through March 8 to or from Cleveland are permitted a one-time date or time change to their flights without penalty. Rescheduled travel must originate by March 15. If a flight has been canceled, a refund in the original form of payment can be requested.

The fastest and most convenient way to change travel plans is via continental.com. Customers should enter their confirmation number and last name in "Manage Reservations." Customers may also call Continental Airlines reservations at 800-525-0280 or their travel agent.

continental.com provides an overview of Continental operations as well as up-to-date information regarding the status of specific flights. Automated flight status information is also available at 800-784-4444.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 1:04 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
From fly.faa.gov a/o 15:00 est:

Due to WEATHER / SNOW-ICE, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, Cleveland, OH (CLE). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 1 hour and 51 minutes.

Also contrary to rumors, the CHIA pet was not developed at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 5:53 pm

Location: CLE, UA MM, UA Premier Plat, Bonvoy Titanium UA Club
Bad news: Original flight was scheduled to depart Denver Saturday, which has been cancelled. Rebooked for Sunday!
Good news: Denver is having lovely weather this weekend!!
Old Mar 7, 2008, 8:36 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

I'm on the 3:30 MCO-CLE flight. However, it's not looking too promising....
Old Mar 8, 2008, 8:40 am

My 6:05pm CLE-BNA has been canceled and I'm not protected on anything. I'm on hold with the elite line rep who is telling me that I have to go to the airport if I want to get protected on anything before Tuesday. That's over an hour drive for me in this weather.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 9:58 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by OptionsCLE
My 6:05pm CLE-BNA has been canceled and I'm not protected on anything.
All CO flights out of CLE are canceled today. I will be going to BWI tomorrow afternoon and hope that things are sorted out by then. Right now we have over 1 foot of snow and it is coming down like mad. This is the most snow I have seen in one sitting since moving to AKR more than 20 years ago (and I am in one of the secondary snow belts to boot!).
Old Mar 8, 2008, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by radonc1
All CO flights out of CLE are canceled today.
Seriously ALL flights out of CLE??
Old Mar 8, 2008, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Seriously ALL flights out of CLE??
It looks like it. I punched in a bunch of mainline stuff and can't find a single one that's operated -- SFO/LAX/IAH/FLL/etc. all cancelled.

A couple other airlines got some stuff in there earlier today, but that's about it.

Right now FAA says CLE is Closed. It is estimated to reopen tomorrow at 7am.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 11:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
I can't believe that /anything/ is happening today.

It is a full on blizzard right now. We just went out to drive a mile to get lunch and had to help dig out three different cars.

Blizzard supposed to keep coming until tomorrow a.m.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 11:22 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
One local suburban community, Parma, has closed all roads except for police/fire/ems, USPS trucks, and snow plows.

Winter storm warning ends at 4:00 a.m. Sunday.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
It is a full on blizzard right now. We just went out to drive a mile to get lunch and had to help dig out three different cars.
Why the @#%@# did you go anywhere to eat? don't have any good soup at home?
Old Mar 8, 2008, 11:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Because during the /last/ blizzard & cold snap we had pipe burst, flood our kitchen and destroy everything. I have no stove, oven or running water.

Unless it's coffee or toast, I can't make it

But we did make it for lunch at Johnny Mango, one of our favorite little local haunts.

http://www.jmango.com/jmphotos.html (it wasn't as sunny today )
Old Mar 8, 2008, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
From flightaware.com, two CO flights departed today this morning. One to FLL and one to IAH. Both before 8am. No plane from anybody has departed since before noon; and no arrival since just past 10am.

I think "shut down" appropriately describes it.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by rkkwan
From flightaware.com, two CO flights departed today this morning. One to FLL and one to IAH. Both before 8am. No plane from anybody has departed since before noon; and no arrival since just past 10am.

I think "shut down" appropriately describes it.
The airport was closed this morning and is not expected to resume operations until 7:00 a.m. eastern time on Sunday.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
I checked out the activity at CLE on FlightAware--no blue planes at all (those are the ones arriving/departing at the airport you query). I also noticed two CO flights that appear to have diverted (they were on easterly headings, but were veering to the north). They were both inbound to EWR...something may be up there as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.