Wiki Posts
Search

Is CO pulling out of SAN?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2008, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Is CO pulling out of SAN?

I just got tickets to go to an event in SAN in Oct. I noticed that all the nonstops from EWR-SAN are gone, plus it looks like CLE-SAN is already discontinued.

CO is showing more DL code shares. Looks like CO is pulling back on SAN with only nonstops flights from IAH.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 5:55 am
Original Poster

This looks like it was a bug with co.com this morning. The non-stops EWR-SAN are back in the system.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 6:03 am

Bad cova, no cookie for you. Had me worried there a second.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Clearly - a current bug in co.com. The EWR nonstops keep coming and going.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 7:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Is it a co.com bug or is CO playing with inventory? If a flight is 0s across the board it won't show.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Thanks for making me nearly choke on my coffee.

Though I do most of my CO flying SAN - IAH so it wouldn't be that big of a deal for me personally. Though I would be very surprised if they did that, given that I've seen some very full planes inbound from EWR. As I understand it, the CLE flight is seasonal anyway.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
Is it a co.com bug or is CO playing with inventory? If a flight is 0s across the board it won't show.
Not an inventory issue - I am looking at flights for October. Clearly a co.com bug. I might mention that CO is showing many DL code shares on the flights to SAN. Surprising in that CO limits DL code shares on co.com.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 5:52 pm
RNE

Better not be pulling out! I'm looking to go to Comic Con with a couple of my buddies . . . those who aren't too PW to go.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 6:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
I've rarely seen an empty seat on any SAN-EWR or Houston route. It has to be a money maker. But you never know. Donna Frye might find a snail darter on the airport grass and shut down the airport, so she can smoke her grass in peace
Old Mar 7, 2008, 8:42 am

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Given how hard it is to get upgraded flying out of SAN to anyplace I assume CO has ALLOT of elites flying in and out of this city. It must be very profitable.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 1:12 am

Programs: PWP Direktor of Homeland, CO Plat* 1MM,UA 1K,BD Gold,DL Gold,SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I would be quite amazed if they discontinued this given how full the flights are, especially the late afternoon flight on Thursday and Friday. I've spent way too much time on those flights.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 4:26 am
Original Poster

This turned out to be a co.com bug. None of the nonstops from EWR-SAN would show for October, eventhough they showed for the next few months. I spend a lot of time on this trying to figure out what was wrong before I posted.

I purchased a ticket for October, 2008 to SAN, via IAH. I always analyze where the inbound aircraft is coming from to make sure I do not get an inbound coming from EWR - they usually depart late - and CO sometimes rotates aircraft.

Seeing lots of DL code shares showing up - and no EWR-SAN or CLE-SAN routings nor nonstops - hence this post. It is still not clear why co.com is showing lots of DL code shares on routings such as DCA to SAN on co.com. Co.com rarely shows DL code shares for revenue purchase. The DCA-SAN routings shows more DL code share than actual CO routings.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 5:31 pm

Location: NY Tri state- but hangs out in nicer weather in west coast
Programs: CO Plat, National VIP, Avis PC,
I have a flight scheduled for the EWR - SAN route this week, according to seatcounter the plane is completely full.
DO they usually oversell this route? If so do they usually ask for volunteers bumps? I have a very loose schedule that day, so I have time to play with. I just want to know if I should check baggage or not?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.