Awkward BF availability?

Old Jan 10, 08, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Gold, AA Platinum, United Elite, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold
Awkward BF availability?

I was looking at my chances of getting an EUA on an EWR-SJO flight. I'm flying out of EWR on 1/25 and returning 2/4. In both cases my flight (1762/1761) has zero availability on all BF classes (if I read KVS right.) The other flight in the day (1796/1797) seems to have tons of availability. In the other classes, my flight seems to have more availability than the other one. I thought that maybe my flights do not have a BF cabin but all planes are 738. Is there any explanation for this ?
Old Jan 10, 08, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
The flights you describe have domestic first, not BF.
Old Jan 10, 08, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis President's Club
Though I don't have an answer for you, maybe you can help me understand something. I am scheduled to fly EWR-SFO on Tuesday morning. I'm booked in coach and currently the coach cabin, from Continental's seat selector, is nearly empty. I want to check availability in first to see what chance I have at getting a EUA. You mentioned KVS - what's that? How can I check? I checked seatcounter.com, but I have no idea how to read their charts - can someone explain this to me?

Thanks!
Old Jan 11, 08, 5:58 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Here is a link. Sign up for the lite version (free) plug in your filights and look at fare bucket "A".
Old Jan 11, 08, 6:22 am

Programs: UA Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis President's Club
Thanks!

I have signed up and downloaded, awaiting my registration code.

What is fare bucket "A" and are there other fare buckets that would inform me as to availability in first?

Thanks again for your help!
Old Jan 11, 08, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by yonajon View Post
Thanks!

I have signed up and downloaded, awaiting my registration code.

What is fare bucket "A" and are there other fare buckets that would inform me as to availability in first?

Thanks again for your help!
A is the bucket for full fare domestic first class. If you want to determine how many first class seats are left on a given flight, look to the number of seats left in the A bucket.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: