Wiki Posts
Search

2 Onepass Accounts, what to do???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2008, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA and HH
2 Onepass Accounts, what to do???

This is my situation: I now have 2 onepass accounts because I started a new job and they had some extra gold elite packages given to them by CO marketing. My HR manager decided to give one to me as a welcome package. I tell him I already have a OP Silver account and ask if he can just arrange to have that bumped to gold mainly b/c I have too many mileage earning opportunities tied to my silver account that I dont want to give up ie. mastercard, debit card, gift account, 60k somthing miles, e-miles, and CO dining rewards which would be a pain to start all over with the new gold account. My HR said that since I already have status on my OP account he can not just upgrade it and would have to open a new account and just start using that one.

My question is should I take the risk and call Onepass to have them merge the status of my new account to my existing account since I dont want to start over with all new cards and other opportunities or do I just ditch the idea, burn the miles and travel club account $ and start using the new gold account???

COInsider please let me know if you can help. I plan on doing quite a bid of flying and will probably requalify for gold by August aswell.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I wouldn't rely on anything the HR department says about this. Call OnePass. Explain the situation. They should be able to move the Gold status to your pre-existing account and effectively merge the two (if you've earned any miles on the new one).
Old Jan 8, 2008, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
I had a similar situation. A letter/FAX to the OPSC took care of it.

Here is a template of the letter you should send.

OnePass Service Center
PO Box 4365
Houston, Texas 77210-4365

Date Here

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to request a merge of my two Continental Airlines OnePass accounts.

Please merge the following accounts together, XXXXXXX into XXXXXX

I would like to keep the following OnePass number: XXXXXX Please
transfer all miles accrued into this account.

I have enclosed a copy of my New Jersey Drivers License as instructed by the
OnePass Customer Service Agent.

My current address is: XXXX

Thank You for your assistance in this matter.

Sincerely,
XX
Old Jan 8, 2008, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA and HH
Thank you very much. I will get on this first thing in the morning.

Gabae
Old Jan 8, 2008, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
just make sure you update all your milage earning accounts. the chase card was a pain in the a$$. they wouldnt do it over the phone or online. they mailed a form.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K
When you call OPSC, you'll also need to have your pin codes for both accounts handy. Last year I successfully merged my current account with a very old account that I had forgotten about, so yes it can be done, and there is no risk with this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.