Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

How can I check voucher value without actually hitting "PURCHASE"

How can I check voucher value without actually hitting "PURCHASE"

 

Old Oct 2, 07, 9:24 am
  #1  
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Hilton Head Island, SC
Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Posts: 1,913
How can I check voucher value without actually hitting "PURCHASE"

I have a evoucher and am not 100% sure of the value. If I log on to CO.com and do a dummy booking will I get to see the voucher value BEFORE the actual purchase takes place?

Thanks for the tips.
ingy is offline  
Old Oct 2, 07, 9:34 am
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bay Area, CA
Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Posts: 34,722
continental.com, Deals & Offers, Promotional Certificates. Select Continental Airlines Travel Certificates, and click Submit. Then enter the PIN/Year.
channa is offline  
Old Jul 16, 12, 1:03 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 689
Originally Posted by channa View Post
continental.com, Deals & Offers, Promotional Certificates. Select Continental Airlines Travel Certificates, and click Submit. Then enter the PIN/Year.
And just FYI - on the new united.com site, it's here:
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps...ckBalance.aspx

I had a travel certificate with a promotion code (6 characters) and a PIN code (7 characters). I had to enter BOTH codes put together to get the value... i.e. if the promotion code is "cccccc" and the PIN code is "zzzzzzz", enter "cccccczzzzzzz" on this form to get results.
pnoeric is offline  
Old May 31, 13, 10:37 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2
Hello - I know this thread is very old, but I'm hoping someone can help me. I do a lot of travel scheduling for my boss and I need to check the value of a United voucher that he was given last year because he had issues with his flight. I have a Pomotion code (6 characters) and a pin code (7 characters) but the method explained above isn't working for me. Does anybody have any suggestions? The only way I see to check the value is to actually purchase a ticket, and I can't do that. Thanks!
sconley26 is offline  
Old May 31, 13, 1:47 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jersey Shore/YYZ
Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
Posts: 12,103
Originally Posted by sconley26 View Post
Hello - I know this thread is very old, but I'm hoping someone can help me. I do a lot of travel scheduling for my boss and I need to check the value of a United voucher that he was given last year because he had issues with his flight. I have a Pomotion code (6 characters) and a pin code (7 characters) but the method explained above isn't working for me. Does anybody have any suggestions? The only way I see to check the value is to actually purchase a ticket, and I can't do that. Thanks!
Go through to almost purchase a ticket. You'll see the value before you actually book.
aacharya is online now  
Old May 31, 13, 2:03 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2
Great, thank you!
sconley26 is offline  
Old Jun 1, 13, 12:39 am
  #7  
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SFO
Programs: UA Gold 1.8MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Posts: 43,743
Originally Posted by pnoeric View Post
And just FYI - on the new united.com site, it's here:
http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps...ckBalance.aspx
.... that is for gift certs

for CS ecerts use Promotional Programs

Originally Posted by pnoeric View Post
....I had a travel certificate with a promotion code (6 characters) and a PIN code (7 characters). I had to enter BOTH codes put together to get the value... i.e. if the promotion code is "cccccc" and the PIN code is "zzzzzzz", enter "cccccczzzzzzz" on this form to get results.
you will need to do the concatenated appraoch.
WineCountryUA is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread