Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2009, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
For reasons past my understanding, I can't get into drinking wine despite that I have spent money to read about it. The family history of the Mondavis is so well-written that you would think it's fiction. Definitely a good pickup for you, sdm1130, if you haven't already.
Thanks - I'll have to check it out.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Conan's first show tonight... I wonder if he'll be as good as Leno?
He can't be any worse than Fallon has been...
Old Jun 1, 2009, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by sdm1130
He can't be any worse than Fallon has been...
I haven't seen Fallon but he is generally less funny than Tina Fey, and that is bloody saying something. But I've got Conan's first show ready to go on the TiVO, should start recording as soon as the live broadcast of the Dave Matthews Band show from the Beacon Theater is over. It's being aired on Fuse if anyone else enjoys their music.

Night, Box.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Will Farrell was great on Conan tonight.

That being said, I'm off to bed.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 11:30 pm

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Well, it is official. I am out of a job. My position was eliminated. Along with at least 3 others at my station. I'll let it sink in for a day, then start the search. Thanks for the well wishes. I didn't even have an appetite for dinner. I DVRd Conan, but don't have any inclination to watch any tv. Former co-workers on FB have been supportive.

Good night.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by photog72
Well, it is official. I am out of a job. My position was eliminated. Along with at least 3 others at my station. I'll let it sink in for a day, then start the search. Thanks for the well wishes. I didn't even have an appetite for dinner. I DVRd Conan, but don't have any inclination to watch any tv. Former co-workers on FB have been supportive.

Good night.
any type of severance package at all from ?
Old Jun 2, 2009, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG

Good night.
Sorry to hear the bad news.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 12:59 am

Programs: PWP Direktor of Homeland, CO Plat* 1MM,UA 1K,BD Gold,DL Gold,SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by colpuck
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

I'm going to hell, I am going to go for the double bump tonight.
Originally Posted by colpuck
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

So I am plus 800 on the day.
Congrats. I almost had a triple bump last week, but alas it turned into a single. I have to give 'em credit, they have a decent IM dept.

Originally Posted by sfogate
Stand-by Box.

Heading to work shortly. It looks like it will be an easy night, nothing is overbooked. Hopefully all the Kettles went home last night.
It seemed like a light night except for the fog rolling in. I was going to come visit, but alas I got back from dinner pretty late.

Good night.
Sorry to hear. Good luck and try to enjoy the time off a bit. I regret not taking full advantage of when I was laid off.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
G'Morning (?!) Box!

OK, so my sleep has been totally messed up for the last wk -- & find myself up in the middle of the night -- at least there's the Box

Originally Posted by Brituchenite
It was great to put names to faces and actually have live conversations with other FTers.

It's been a lovely day in the neighborhood today! Sun is shining, birds are singing, my builder seems to be coming round to my way of thinking ..... that is, he's dropping the price on my building project and so we might finally start in the next couple of weeks - yeah! He did at me, though, when I said I wanted to be in for Thanksgiving and said, yeah, OK 2010........
Same for me -- such a fun 'live' welcome to the Box!
Great news about the price reduction on the contractor job!

Originally Posted by Olton Hall
Being lazy today I order Chinese for dinner. I'm concerned about the fortune cookie. It said “ You and your wife will be happy in your life together. “ I have a couple of questions. Who is she? And when did the wedding take place?
You sure you don't have a 'virtual' wife somewhere?! -- or maybe it was talking about a 'future' life (ie. not in this particular lifetime!!

Welcome to the Box. I thought everyone on FT had heard of the Penalty Box as we are usually listed on the front page as a most recent thread. We are a fun bunch of people escaping and adding to the world of at the same time. Our "bat signal" looks like This

Stop by in the morning and we all say "Good Morning"
I can attest to the fact that there is something very curious & totally addictive about this particular forum!!

Have an idea...not sure it's original... we need to put the official Box 'insignia' on a line of 'special' luggage tags & apparel (think T-Shirts, polo shirts)l for the Boxizens & 'special' guests!

Especially for use at Do's when the Box crowd is getting together, or at a larger Do (& the Box 'team' needs to have their distinctive, yet 'classy' gear).
I am willing to do the research in this!!

No, no. To be a bat signal it has to have context.

I had no idea until Saturday that if you tell someone to read The Box in its entirety, they will actually do it.
again, a possibility for a t-shirt, perhaps?
Oh! -- now who has that kinda time to invest -- could read a novel in the time needed! It takes me lots of time just to catch up on a day's posts here!

Oh come one. Give me some credit for putting a on a "Box" to help people find my place.
^Ok, you get my vote! It was a cute adornment after SFOGate & I were right on top of it! it was the random Boxizens who were mulling around said 'display' that helped us find the correct house!

monitor was there. His presence alone changes the beverages that people choose to deploy. Your house is an unfair data point, given that regulars from this thread crossed an ocean solely for beer earlier this year.
Lucky for me -- I really am not a beer drinker, except maybe at the beach...in Brasil!

Good night.
So sorry to hear that. But, look on the bright side -- your baby is the winner here...some things have a silver lining to them! Best of luck in the job search!

SFOgate -- hope it's been a quieter night for you!

So, pretty pleased with myself at my 2nd multi-quote exercise here!
Old Jun 2, 2009, 1:51 am

Programs: UA and HH
Cant Sleep
Old Jun 2, 2009, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mnmag

^Ok, you get my vote! It was a cute adornment after SFOGate & I were right on top of it! it was the random Boxizens who were mulling around said 'display' that helped us find the correct house!
glad you posted now as I only heard what you said your FT alias was at a distance and did not catch it all, now I can put 'name' to the face and real name.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gbryan84
Cant Sleep
I was going quite well till a 'ring, tring' phone call came. now having trouble getting back to sleep
Old Jun 2, 2009, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Must be a 'recently passed CFP exam' - related syndrome, eh?

I'm going to the NAPFA conference in DC that begins on thurs.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Steph3n
glad you posted now as I only heard what you said your FT alias was at a distance and did not catch it all, now I can put 'name' to the face and real name.
It was great to meet you, too, along with the explanation for the '3' in your handle!

Yep -- when I set up my 'handle' -- wasn't too imaginative about it, as I was eager to make my first post! I didn't want to use my iVillage handle ('hbunny') -- as I didn't want to be subjected to 'hazing' for that 'alias', by the 'less than gentle' FTers!

Sorry that I missed meeting MWG25, as someone mentioned that they get her handle & mine a bit confused, due the fact that they both begin w/a M!
Old Jun 2, 2009, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

fozz - My segments through Friday just posted, no DEQM but normal elite bonus and PPlus bonus miles posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.