Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Sewage flows down aisles of trans-Atlantic flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sewage flows down aisles of trans-Atlantic flight

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2007, 9:43 am

Programs: Too many!
Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
LOL ! Maybe the StinkShield (TM) should be incorporated into Continental's marketing campagin.

"Continental. We still have pillows, blankets. We still have the StinkShield (TM). The other airlines don't"

In all seriousness, this was an unfortunate problem, clearly a fluke. Lucky for Continental is appears as if the bulldog New York media did not pick up on this incident. Otherwise, they might have suffered a jetBlue-like smear campaign (no pun intended)....
I'd tend to agree with you, especially in identifying this incident as a fluke. However, the jetBlue fiasco was no fluke. IMO, the NY media generally recognizes the difference.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by JetSet78
I'd tend to agree with you, especially in identifying this incident as a fluke. However, the jetBlue fiasco was no fluke. IMO, the NY media generally recognizes the difference.
It was not a fluke but we all know the media operates in packs and does not always report the story objectively.

In the infamous Valentine's Day Massacre, there were numerous flights delayed 6 hrs + at AA and DL (one DL flight was stuck on the tarmac for over 9 hrs). Interestingly, there was little or no reporting of these delays...
Old Jun 20, 2007, 10:16 am

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
This will be great material for Jay Leno.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 10:21 am

Programs: CO Plat & MP 1K
Did CO offer $500 vouchers to EVERY PAX on the flight? If so, that's a lot of compensation, right?
Old Jun 20, 2007, 10:32 am

Programs: UA 1K
The article says the toilets overflowed right after takeoff from Shannon. How did they get filled so quickly? This makes the story sound exagerrated.The only way it could have happened right after takeoff is if they hadn't been emptied from the first flight. Also the FTer on board never mentioned sewage running down the aisle.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 10:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Does anyone know the tail number of this 757? I want to make sure I never let anything except my very thick soled shoes ever touch that carpet should I ever get lucky enough to ride it.

All the hydogen peroxide and bleach in the world wouldn't be enough to make that plane squeaky clean. Yuck!
Old Jun 20, 2007, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
"Continental. We still have pillows, blankets. We still have the StinkShield (TM).
And we have meals at meal time, but don't "eat or drink too much" when StinkShield(TM) is deployed.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 10:59 am

Programs: CO, UA, who cares what level, that doesn't make me special, now does it?
Yeah, the captain blew it on this one.... 2 hours into the flight? I think they should have turned around, despite the previous delay. Perhaps even divert to a partner's hub, such as AMS or Paris to allow for easier, faster reaccomodation of customers.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
I always wonder if the plane is climbing or descending. I suppose now I can watch the flow to know where we go.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kingalien
And we have meals at meal time, but don't "eat or drink too much" when StinkShield(TM) is deployed.
Excellent one. I know an ad agency or two that could use your copywriting skills...
Old Jun 20, 2007, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rlbmorton
Did CO offer $500 vouchers to EVERY PAX on the flight? If so, that's a lot of compensation, right?
My pure guess, knowing the way CO operates, is only those who complained loudly were provided the vouchers.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
My pure guess, knowing the way CO operates, is only those who complained loudly were provided the vouchers.
Because it was a mechanical delay, shouldn't CO have reaccomodated passengers on other carriers if the passengers requested such accomodation?
Old Jun 20, 2007, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
yes.

in any event, this is extremely disgusting.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum,AA GOLD,HiltonHHonors Diamond,Marriott Ambassador,National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Does anyone know the tail number of this 757? I want to make sure I never let anything except my very thick soled shoes ever touch that carpet should I ever get lucky enough to ride it.

All the hydogen peroxide and bleach in the world wouldn't be enough to make that plane squeaky clean. Yuck!

Good question I am flying a 752 to MAN on Sunday and I want to make sure I don't get that plane
Old Jun 20, 2007, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by njshawn
Good question I am flying a 752 to MAN on Sunday and I want to make sure I don't get that plane
It was a 767-400.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.