Wiki Posts
Search

100% EQM on CM (Copa) thru copaair.com

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2007, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, CM Silver, IHG Silver
100% EQM on CM (Copa) thru copaair.com

First, if this has been discussed, I apologize. I searched for any thread with various key words, several times.

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...line/copa.aspx

Discount Economy Class I, S, T, L, O
100% Base Miles
50% EQM; 100% EQM**
0 EQP; 1 EQP**

** When you buy through copaair.com, effective May 1, 2007.

This is great news... it always seems like the only fares to Colombia in coach on CM are in S fare.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 10:27 am

Programs: CO Plat
That's great news. Just tried to book IAH to SCL but can't book the leg from IAH to PTY online with COPA. How do I do it to receive 100% EQMs? Thanks
Old Jun 16, 2007, 1:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by benjy
That's great news. Just tried to book IAH to SCL but can't book the leg from IAH to PTY online with COPA. How do I do it to receive 100% EQMs? Thanks
Just buy it at continental.com instead of copaair.com. Actually, I'm not entirely sure that would work, but it may be the only option there.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 2:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Now is this valid for Continental OnePass members in addition to Copa OnePass members?
Old Jun 16, 2007, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, CM Silver, IHG Silver
Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
Now is this valid for Continental OnePass members in addition to Copa OnePass members?

I don't believe there is a difference in OnePass memberships. This info is off of the Continental site.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 3:29 pm

Programs: CO Plat
Yes, I can buy it on CO.com but it prices at $1700, where on Copa.com, I can book LAX to SCL or JFK to SCL for $750 to $790 (and receive FF miles and EQMs). 1/2 the IAH flight is on CO. Wouldn't CO want us to fly its metal at least part of the way. Its crazy to penalize IAH flyers like this and drive us to AA for this trip. Sometimes its very hard to be loyal to CO.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 3:49 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
It's OnePass, doesn't matter which airline you fly, because, well, it's the same program.

And yes, the CO IAH-PTY flights are co-shares on Copa, though you can't seem to book them on copaair.com. And yes, I've written emails to both ....

EmailKid

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.