Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Current policy for PC and Elite access through secutity?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2006, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Global Services,Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite

Hey all,

Anyone know what the current policy is for getting a gate pass at IAH? I'm a PC member and Plat if that matters. I have a number of different family members arriving on different flights tomorrow and want to meet the early arriver at the President's club while we wait for the next. Do I need to buy a refundable ticket to do that?

Thanks!
Scott
Old Dec 19, 2006, 3:55 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Just show your PC card and ID at any check in counter and tell them you want a pass thru security to go to the PC.

I do this all the time at EWR. The only hitch is that you may not get someone familiar with the system, but just have them ask someone else.

There is no longer a need to buy a refundable ticket
Old Dec 19, 2006, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Global Services,Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
Excellent! Thanks!
Old Dec 19, 2006, 4:52 pm

Programs: CO Platinum,AA GOLD,HiltonHHonors Diamond,Marriott Ambassador,National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Vulcan
Just show your PC card and ID at any check in counter and tell them you want a pass thru security to go to the PC.

I do this all the time at EWR. The only hitch is that you may not get someone familiar with the system, but just have them ask someone else.

Damn I wish knew this earlier. I drop my family off at the airport all the time and I didnt know I could get a pass and then take them to the PC. YOu just made my day.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 8:12 am

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
Current policy

Originally Posted by Vulcan

Can someone verify this is still the policy? In 2006, my colleague had to call 24 hours ahead to be place in a security list first to gain acess to a PC in IAH. When I called today, they said the policy changed again. Now, all I have to do is show my PC card and ID at any check in counter. Just want to be sure. Don't want to miss this meeting at the PC.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 8:17 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
If they are unsure what to do at the check-in counter, refer them to GGCHECKPOINT LINE 53.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 8:26 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Can you also get gate passes for 2 guests, since you can guest 2 people into the PC? I remembered this being reported on here before, but in CLE (once I referenced GG Checkpoint Line 53, and they called the PC) they said it's for the member only, but "made an exception this one time."
Old Apr 13, 2008, 8:38 am

You should be able to bring in your guests as well. Check this FAQ post for more details.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
Thanks.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by OPFlyer
You should be able to bring in your guests as well. Check this FAQ post for more details.

Thanks for the link, that's informative. However, in regards to guests and gate passes, it only states, This should bring up a section entitled "53 * NON-TRAVELING PRESIDENTS CLUB MEMBERS AND THEIR GUESTS." which should allow you to bring two guests through the TSA checkpoint

Can any CO employees state what the acutal policy is because I've have positive and negative experiences with this. Thanks!
Old Apr 13, 2008, 8:56 pm

This is exactly what the policy states:

53 * NON-TRAVELING PRESIDENTS CLUB MEMBERS AND THEIR GUESTS.

As a PC Member you are entitled to bring up to two guest with you into the PC, as well as through security.

If you encounter a problem, please refer the agent to "Shares/Sonic" and enter the command "GG CHECKPOINT". They will have to type "G*" until they get to line 53.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 9:04 pm

Thanks for the informative post Non-TypiCAL F/A.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 9:23 pm

Glad to help! ^
Old Apr 13, 2008, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by OPFlyer
Thanks for the informative post Non-TypiCAL F/A.
I second this... thanks for the definitive answer!

Now, for another question, if you don't mind. If I'm traveling and a guest takes me to the airport, can I get them a guest pass for security or it easier to just get a refundable ticket? Since the heading of that line is "non-traveling PC members", I could see where an agent will not let me get a guest gate pass since I'm actually traveling.

It would be so much easier if CO actually published these benefits for PC members...
Old Apr 13, 2008, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
I second this... thanks for the definitive answer!

Now, for another question, if you don't mind. If I'm traveling and a guest takes me to the airport, can I get them a guest pass for security or it easier to just get a refundable ticket? Since the heading of that line is "non-traveling PC members", I could see where an agent will not let me get a guest gate pass since I'm actually traveling.

It would be so much easier if CO actually published these benefits for PC members...
In my **PERSONAL** interpretation, I would say yes. However the policy is not that specific, so I don't want to give a definitive answer either way. Sorry about that!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.