Wiki Posts
Search

BOS to MEX via EWR Connection Time

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2006, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Question BOS to MEX via EWR Connection Time

Looking for a little advice here: going from BOS to MEX this coming Friday afternoon. I'm currently booked on the 2:30 out of Logan that's supposed to arrive in EWR at 3:59 (emphasis on the "supposed to"). Arriving in Term A at EWR, what do people think are the odds of my making the connection in Term C to the 5:30 departure to Mexico City ? Is it worth taking the 1:05 out of BOS (sched arr'l in EWR at 2:30) just in case ? Is the inter-terminal shuttle bus b/w Terms A & C at EWR still running ? Is it a time-saver ? Thanks !
Old Dec 9, 2006, 9:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Shuttle is still running, so that won't be the problem. The issue will be if the flight actually lands on time in EWR, which it probably won't. If you don't want the stress, take the early flight.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 10:14 am

Programs: WN Rapid Rewards, DL SkyMiles, UA MileagePlus, HiltonHonors
I think you're probably OK, but it's no certainty. 90 minutes is certainly enough time to get from Term. A to C in EWR. But it's my experinece that BOS-EWR flights are often delayed. Obviously, if the delays are due to traffic/weather in EWR, then you figure to make the connection. But if the problems are in Logan, then you could be in trouble. I'd say its pretty much a coin flip as to which end is more likely to be snarled. If you don't mind sitting around EWR for a while, the earlier flight might be worth it if you're risk averse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.